Goodbye Spotify!

Goodbye Spotify!

Rohin7
Casual Listener

You were great in the beginning but alas you failed to stay relevant, to listen to your customer base and to keep innovating. 

I'm leaving you for someone better. Someone who allows me to listen to music on my watch without having my phone nearby. 

I'd say you'll be missed but honestly I think we fell out of love a long time ago.

I know I'm just a drop in the ocean but enough of us have the power to make a big splash!

6 Replies

Betreff: Goodbye Spotify!

AppleG
Roadie

I did the same. Apple Music has improved so much since version 12.3. With Spotify I have the feeling that they have given up long ago, in addition they have deleted some very innovative controls. Meanwhile, I feel much better at Apple Music.

Re: Goodbye Spotify!

Hey @Rohin7 and @AppleG,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We're sorry to see you go! We're always working to improve the app - let us know what it is that's bothering you and we'll make sure to pass on the feedback.

Take care :)

spotify:track:6XfxmT5QNCXvpZA6PKfWVL

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

AppleG
Roadie

I have waited too many years, you still have not managed to bring the app to the Apple Watch and have deleted innovative features. Apart from personal recommendations, you're currently doing nothing better than Apple. To be honest, you have lost me for a certain period now, the layout is not up-to-date any more and the only one where you are even better are the recommendations. But even there Apple is on the track.

Highlighted

Rohin7
Casual Listener

You moved the "..." icon to the top right on iOS making it a pain to add any currently playing song to a playlist whereas it used to be so easy before.

You have not created an Apple watch app that functions without a phone nearby.

When you search a keyword in a playlist it does not create a temporary playlist out of the songs shown in the results, and there is no setting to make that a feature. So if I only want to listen to a certain artist within my playlist I have to search and then queue each song.

To make matters worse for some reason you guys removed the ability to swipe left to queue a song after you've searched it. So to play all songs by an artist in my playlist I have to open the menu for each song to add to queue.. why in the **bleep** world would you remove this feature?

There is no option to reset my recommendations. At the moment they are garbage, week after week I have completely random music in my discover weekly that I do not enjoy or listen to at all.

Your metadata is a mess. I have many recommendations from artists with the same name but completely different band or artist and genre. To fix these errors you require us to submit a form online. Why can't there be an in app menu option to report incorrect data??

Spotify's app has become a joke. There are so many stupid UI choices that it's become unbearable.

None of this is directed at you Peter, I know you are not responsible for these decisions but these decisions are why I am leaving.

reber90-tr
Casual Listener

I might do the same soon.

BRING OFFLINE DOWNLOAD TO APPLE WATCH OR I AM LEAVING!!!!

I heard in the news that Apple provided all the tools to make it possible, common Spotify the ball is in your yard, stop losing users ffs!!!

ornorb
Casual Listener

It's incredulous that support would really ask us to say what we have a problem with at this point.

SUGGESTED POSTS