Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP!! Real novice needs help in adding playlists to IPOD TOUCH

Solved!

HELP!! Real novice needs help in adding playlists to IPOD TOUCH

I have attached Ipod Touch via USB cable and Spotify says it is connected.  When i Click on instal playlists manually, how do i move them accross as they all come up with the (line through circle symbol).  Also, when I click sync all music nothing happens.  I have read questions related to similar problems but to be honest I dont understand the answers.

Im a Spotify Premium subscriber with all my music under playlists. Nothing in Local Files (dont even know what that means).  Who can help me in terms that a thicky like me is likely to under stand.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

EUREKA!!! I appear to have cracked it. Firstly I opened each playlist I was wanting to sync with my Ipod Touch and made them available for offline play.  Once completed I then signed OUT of Spotify on my Ipod and then turned it off and back on again.  I then followed the sync procedure again and it has WORKED........YIPPEE!!!

Thank you Peter for all your assistance.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have you downloaded the Spotify app onto your iPod Touch from the App Store?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello. Yes I have. The funny thing is I did have all my playlists on the ipod touch but sometime ago they stopped playing. So I thought a good solution would be to uninstall spotify from my Ipod, then reinstall and then resync all music from Spotify on my PC.

So this is where im at and it hasnt worked

The instructions you need to follow to do that are here (just follow the iPhone ones - they are the same as for iPod Touch):
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter

That is the instructions i had already been following.  Spotify on my computer says im connected to the ipod and when i click on the ipod under devices, it then comes up with a page showing 3 boxes 1) Local Files 2) Starred and 3) Music note symbol

Sync all music does nothing so when select manual how do I add the playlists.  Surely it should be this difficult?

Marked as solution

EUREKA!!! I appear to have cracked it. Firstly I opened each playlist I was wanting to sync with my Ipod Touch and made them available for offline play.  Once completed I then signed OUT of Spotify on my Ipod and then turned it off and back on again.  I then followed the sync procedure again and it has WORKED........YIPPEE!!!

Thank you Peter for all your assistance.

Shouldn't have been needed, but you will quickly learn Spotify can be a little crazy sometimes!

Glad it is working. Any other issues, give us a shout! 😉

Peter

Suggested posts