Hacking?? Spotify stops chosen song and plays random, unknown song

Hacking?? Spotify stops chosen song and plays random, unknown song

smueller
Casual Listener

Hi! 

So recently, I‘m experiencing a major issue when using spotify. I‘m chosing a song from a playlist and it starts playing. After some of time, mostly between 5 and 30 seconds and never above, a random other song starts to play. These are no songs I know, no songs from my personal playlists or any playlist I have subscribed for. All of this is super random.

Also, my Spotify is all of a sudden connected with a Chrome browser I don‘t know! I can disconnect, however, it won’t prevent Spotify from showing this strange behavior again.

i never play with the settings either.

Is anyone experiencing this as well? I assume it could be a hacking issue. Hackers use existing Spotify accounts to push songs. 

It’s annoying because I can‘t Spotify on such days. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland 

Device

(iPhone 8)

Operating System

(iOS10)

3 Replies

Re: Hacking?? Spotify stops chosen song and plays random, unknown song

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @smueller, I'll be happy to help! 

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this support article for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

smueller
Casual Listener

Hi Billy-J

I‘m not sureabout it to be honest but I will follow the steps.

however, couldn‘t it also be a bug or a setting I might need to disable to prevent Spotify from changing to random Songs? It says „Discover“ at the top of that playlist that starts randomly...I think it could be less worse than I thought

Highlighted

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @smueller.

Spotify shouldn't be playing songs by itself unless there is someone else on your account that is also listening to their tunes on Spotify. If you don't remember anyone using your account - I'd recommend using the link I provided in my last reply for further help.

Have a great day :) 

Billy-JRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS