Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.5

My Question or Issue

I’ve been waiting for the new home hub that Spotify announced in March 2020 for a year now. About a week ago they also announced an update to that home hub. The only part of that update that I have received is the play history. At the same time other family members have received both home hub updates. So it can’t be region related. I don’t understand what is the issue here. I’ve reinstalled the app multiple times and I’ve tried my different accounts.

Mine:

490B3E71-B4F9-4B77-99C8-C1CFADF8E148.jpeg

Family member’s:

F3A6D6A7-4D0A-4574-BFFE-075D659AB0DA.jpeg

I’m out of ideas 😞

13 Replies

Hey @AeroZ, thanks for your post here!

Spotify is always testing new features and improvements to make your experience better. You can read more about why you might be seeing a different version of the app than a family member's or friend's version here: https://support.spotify.com/article/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my-friends/.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The issue is that the way my home hub looks is the old way it has been for years. So it’s not a new thing that you’re testing.

This is your press release: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-03-22/new-features-on-spotifys-home-hub-make-navigation-and-discov...

So I’ve received only listening history but other sections of that update are missing. 

Hey @AeroZ, thanks for letting me know about that!

Based on the article, it sounds like this experience is still rolling out. I recommend keeping your app up-to-date and keeping an eye out on the app for the latest updates. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

As written in the press release this feature is going to be released globally by the end of the month. Since I received the listening history button I suspect that this is all that I’m going to get because like I said in my first post I still haven’t received the updated home hub that was released a year ago (https://newsroom.spotify.com/2020-03-09/get-to-your-favorites-faster-with-spotifys-new-home-screen). 

I can wait for the 1st of april and report back but I suspect the issue will be there.

No update. Still same old. 

Hey there! Thanks for keeping me posted.

I'd love to take a closer look. Could you let me know the device, Spotify and iOS version you're using? Also, could you send over a screenshot of how things are looking on your end? I'll do some digging.

Thanks,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star

Hello.

I've tried both Spotify versions:

App Store 8.6.12 and Alpha 8.6.16

iOS version 14.5

How it looks to me:

IMG_1629.jpg

How it's supposed to look (I have the Listening History icon but not the new tabs and New Release section):

Kuvatõmmis 2021-04-01 112728.png

Hey @AeroZ,

Thanks for reaching out.

Keep in mind that as mentioned here, even tough this feature was officially released, it's still not available for all accounts. You can create a new account and check out if you can see the new design there. If that's the case you can follow this  guide on how to transfer your music over to the new account. 

Alternatively, you can wait until your account gets the new layout as well. Regrettably however we can't set an exact timeframe for when this will happen.

Let us know if that helped. 

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Exactly the same here, also I don't have the new Genre-Mix and so on.....but my main account is Apple Music, so it is not a wild thing for me....

But it's crazy to tell "create a new account"......

But how do you explain why I haven't received the home hub update that was announced a YEAR ago? Does it really take more than a year to roll out something that was announced as "starting today"?

Get to Your Favorites Faster with Spotify’s New Home Screen — Spotify

"Starting today, when audio lovers open up their Spotify mobiles or tablet apps, they’ll be greeted with a refreshed user interface that allows them to quickly jump back into familiar content."

And the latest update:

New Features on Spotify’s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler — Spotify

"Through this latest update, we’ll be rolling out several advancements on the mobile Home hub designed to make finding the audio you love easier and more intuitive. These will roll out to users globally on iOS and Android this month. "

As seen from my screenshot I've received the Home Hub update because I have the Listening History button but I still miss the other parts of the Home Hub that were initially released a year ago. Something's not working.

I really don't believe that:

1. It takes more than a year to roll something out

2. You'd write a press release and say that you roll something out globally but actually don't.

I have one other account but I haven't used it at all so it wouldn't have anything to suggest to me in the Home Hub (I tried). And I want to use the same account that I've used for years.

A week or so ago I received the updated look but it seems that it doesn't work correctly. It only shows 1 row and it doesn't update at all. I don't have that new look in web player for example but I guess I should if I've received the update. It seems like it's half working recently played section and only showing 2 last items that I received at some point that didn't update after that.

IMG_1647.jpg

And when I open Spotify on my Mac or Windows the Home page always shows this:

Kuvatõmmis 2021-04-12 171747.png

Even if I listen to something else and it shows up under Recently played in both desktop apps then after some time Recently played reverts back to showing me those thee playlists and that's it.

Hi there @AeroZ and @AppleG,

Thank you for your replies.

There's currently and ongoing issue about this. We suggest that you follow the steps that's provided in the status there and also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

BRO OMD GIVE THE MAN HIS ANSWER

Suggested posts