Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Heavy Bug: iOS Spotify crashes and can't seem to add local files to Your Music

Heavy Bug: iOS Spotify crashes and can't seem to add local files to Your Music

I am very thrilled to finally have the "Your Music" feature on spotify. Now the music browsing is much more convinient and fast, but I've noticed a very big bug that kills me every time. I have a bunch of local files that aren't on spotify streaming and some of them are added to Your Music. However I can't seem to add anymore local files from a playlist to Your Music (on my desktop spotify that is). I experimented a lot and I tried removing some local tracks from Your Music, and that works well, but I can't add them back. Nevertheless when I did this my spotify on my iOS device (iPhone 5s) suddenly started crashing everytime I opened it. The only way to fix this is to reinstall spotify, but that is such a hassle because I then have to download all my fifteen hundred tracks all over again.

So to summarize there are two bugs:

1. Can't add local files to Your Music even though some of my locals are already added, on the desktop spotify that is (Mac)
  2. When I remove local files from Your Music on my desktop, the spotify on my iOS device starts crashing every time I open it.

The same thing has happened to me three times alredy. Please help!

- Mikael 🙂

1 Reply

Hey @mikaelthd

I know this sounds bad, but i guess your music cache is corrupted, kindly do a clean reinstallation following the steps below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts