Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help a newbie with offline playlists?

Help a newbie with offline playlists?

This may be a stupid question, but can you play songs offline  that you don't have on your computer? Like, just songs off spotify. Without paying for the songs?

In order to listen to my playlist offline on my ipad I need to "download playlist" - will spotify charge me for all of the songs on the playlist?

So confused. Thanks!

4 Replies

No, as long as you are paying for a Premium subscription you can download a playlist for offline listening - this is included as part of your subscription. You can have up to 3333 songs downloaded on a device at any one time (assuming your device has room for that many)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Indeed. You can do this on both desktop and mobile. (Up to 3,333 tracks per device, on up to 3 devices at any one time).

You can sync a playlist for offline use using the button at the top:

2012-05-24_1812.png

Strangely, the iPad interface calls this "Download". I'm not surprised that you were confused by this.

Does making a playlist available offline effect all devices or is it a per device thing?

For instance if I make a playlist availalbe offline on my desktop, will it automatically be made available offline on my mobile (and so start syncing tracks)?

Tom

Hey there!

It's jsut per device. If you need Offline mode on other device too, just click Offline mode. Max. 3 device at time to Offline.

Cheers.

Suggested posts