Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps playing hidden songs

Since there is no option to delete a song from an album, I hide them and actually I missed that feature from apple music. So there is a lot of hidden songs in my album catalogue and now they just suddenly start to play. Updates and new device didn’t work. If even I hidden and unhide them again, next day same story. How can I fix that help?

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this issue, please share the following:
  • the version of Spotify you're running
  • if this occurs with a specific playlist/album/radio/Autoplay-generated queue
  • the troubleshooting you've tried so far
Thanks! We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new information to share, so Subscribe to the thread from the three dots menu to stay tuned!
Comments
gunsnammo

Still an issue 3 years later. I'm using the same device that I used when I hid the song.

Also occasionally Spotify will just ignore the fact I have the repeat button on and play another random playlist at the end of the one I'm playing.

HannahGM

Spotify playing hidden songs on my iPhone, even when I’m just playing out of the iPhone speaker. Why doesn’t this Function work?

pau609

Still an issue, and it doesn't work even if I'm playing directly from my phone. Not with bluetooth-connected speaker or headphones either. Guess I'll just have to make my own playlist...

ArtusPendragon

I don't use connect never have used it I only use Bluetooth headset and my phone as a speaker still have the same problem, every time I start a playlist with hidden songs in it they are played so it's not a connect issue.

Fun_Considered

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System: iOS 17

My Question or Issue: hidden songs in different albums ARE NOT GETTING SKIPPED as I listen through an album. This started happening around summer 2023. It's driving me crazy. I have contacted Spotify twice about it. I have signed out, deleted the app, and re-downloaded it which temporarily fixed the issue, but it has continued to be a problem. I'm listening using AirPods Pro. 

ElPunkero

This is so damn infuriating.  After three years, Spotify still treats this as a non-issue.  I guess they’ve been too busy raising prices. With Spotify, you definitely DON’T get what

you pay for.  

spacemutt
I usually shuffle my “liked songs” playlist to listen to music. Sometimes I like to take a break from a particular artist so I block them using the “don’t play this artist” feature. I know this is an unconventional method but it has worked for me for years. Recently, however, I started to notice songs from those blocked artists playing on my liked songs playlist. i checked their profile and they were still listed as blocked, so I unblocked and reblocked them and went about my day. a few hours later their songs were playing again, even though they were still listed as blocked. pretty sure this is a glitch but i just wanted to bring attention to it.
Cuttothechayse
I've noticed when I hide tracks in spotify curated playlists, the songs will still play when "hidden".
I hid the tracks on my phone, then spotify played them on my phone when the playlist was shuffled, so I know it's not a device syncing issue.
Drew311

Same here and not only is it playing blocked bands but it’s spamming them. 

matthewh86

This still plays songs that are hidden on the device that I hid them on, no external speakers, just playing on the phone itself. This is a totally pointless feature.