Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone & MacBook Air

Operating System

iOS 14.4 & macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

My Question or Issue

I find it HIGHLY annoying that I can LIKE a song but I can't DISLIKE IT. This used to be an easy option on Spotify that changed and I'm really not sure why.

What I am left with, is a HIDE SONG option which doesn't work. I click the option to hide the song and yet if the playlist is on repeat or if I start the same playlist in my car or on my laptop or on Sonos.....I'll hear it again. Not only that, but the same song I opted to HIDE also appears on other Daily Mixes the following days, weeks, months.

I am not sure what's going on here!! The algorithm is based on what songs you are listening to and now the song that I attempted to HIDE has been played regardless of my request to HIDE IT...so the algorithm thinks "WOW THEY MUST LOVE THIS..let me play it again tomorrow".

That's not the case at all guys....

Why tell your users the more you listen the more we pump out same/similar songs and playlists if we don't have the option to truly tell you WHAT WE DON'T WANT!

How hard is it to put a Thumbs Down button? or a Dislike button? or here's something...how about getting the already existing Hide Song button to actually work. Its getting really lame that I keep hearing the same **bleep** I don't want to hear and you guys keep creating these playlists based on...well **bleep** I don't want to hear.

Very small thing to ask but based on the UX for the past couple years, I have no hopes in this ever being resolve and may spend my $10 a month elsewhere!

27 Replies

Novy,

I'm not sure why you are responding with this information as though I didn't know what the Hide Song feature should do. This is why I started a thread here in the first place! I've told you guys like 5 times that I AND SEVERAL OTHER USERS are having that exact problem.

You click on hide song and it's NOT skipping to the next song and it plays again IN THE SAME PLAYLIST.

Whats annoying is I keep saying the same thing and even took a video for you guys and now after over a month of repeating myself I have to contact someone else! 

COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! 

There are so many posts about this feature not working and yet its not been fixed and no one is hearing the customers out or fixing the problem. 

I'll be looking for another app. The features you guys keep changing are sucking, we have no control over our Home Screen and I'm being bombarded with **bleep** music I keep "hiding" or "disliking" and my daily mixes are all over the place. 

We come here to inform you guys about issues and we get NOTHING! The other post I was asked to support just got closed because not enough people commented on it. Wonder why...I think most people are just over coming here for help when nothing is being done! 

GREAT JOB GUYS! LOVE SPENDING MY TIME TRYING TO GET SOMETHING FIXED THAT WOULD MAKE MY LISTENING EXPERIENCE, THE ONE I PAY $10 A MONTH FOR, BETTER...BUT WHAT DO I KNOW! 

The answers from Spotify are trying to justify their ‘design’ choice which is driven by revenue. There is no excuse for this. This can always be solved technically. Spotify, don’t tread your users as little children. They are your paying customers. Without them Spotify would not have become so large.

Just a continuation on the fact that the hide song feature doesnt work in any capacity, including the one described by moderators in here, and still doesnt years after it's been brought up.

If any moderator can send me a screen recorder video of this feature actual working ill give you $100

I'm having the same issue. It's on the same device I've hidden the song. I check to see if it's hidden, it is. 

The issue still remains and there are no soultion. It's been two years since this was posted and still majority of us users are facing it. Do we assume spotify as an irresponsible streaming platform that spends more time generating revenue more than improving and fixing the bugs?

This thread = everything wrong with Spotify.

And confirmed: this feature still doesn't work.

2024 and confirming this still does not work!!! Fed up and thinking of just canceling my subscription altogether. I'll listen to my music somewhere with a functioning dislike button. 

Hi I am experiencing a similar problem. One of my Daily Mix comes out with a particular artist I do not like at all. I am an avid Spotify user so they should know my tastes by now but they keep proposing it. I hid this artist in the app but can't do in my laptop which is annoying so I stopped listening to that Daily Mix even if contains a lot of music I like. I do not know how to make them understand that there is also music we do not like and we should be able to tell since we pay

Suggested posts