Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hold to preview works for one family member account, not the other, on same device

Solved!

Hold to preview works for one family member account, not the other, on same device

I have a family account with one family member (so two accounts in total). When I login on my ipad or iphone (with latest app version) with one of the accounts (the main one) the "hold to preview song/playlist" feature does not work. When I login with the (new) other account on the same ipad/iphone, the feature works.... How can that be? Any way to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify often tests new features with a small percentage of users. These tests are linked to the account. That is why it's working for some accounts, and not for others.

It is likely that the account with the "hold to preview" feature, has been selected to test it out.

If this feature ends up being released to everyone, your other accounts will end up getting it to.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify often tests new features with a small percentage of users. These tests are linked to the account. That is why it's working for some accounts, and not for others.

It is likely that the account with the "hold to preview" feature, has been selected to test it out.

If this feature ends up being released to everyone, your other accounts will end up getting it to.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for the explanation! Must say that the feature is really cool! Hope it gets widely rolled out soon!

You're welcome! I hope so too. 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts