Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11 Max Pro

Operating System

iOS13

My Question or Issue

My home tab on the iOS app is only showing more podcast recommendations and not music. How can I get back to showing music recommendations instead?

11 Replies

I'm having the same problem I'd love to know how to fix this

Same issue here, I only noticed it today. On my Home screen there are no more Daily Mixes, Heavy Rotation etc, but therefore a huge list of suggested podcasts...

My app is updated.

Hey there @louisepants, @fukboi420 and @02e179_-dwoga,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this.

In this case we recommend to to perform a clean reinstall of the app. with this you can make sure that you have the latest version and that any outdated files are removed.

@fukboi420 and @02e179_-dwoga - could you let us know if this occurs on one device or more devices?

It would be great if you could:

• Try with another internet connection
  • Log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's so see if the issue persist.

Lastly, it would be helpful to send us a screenshot of what you see on your home screen so that we'd be able to take a closer look.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Elena,

actually I see the same on all of my devices, all three on Android (an LG G7 ThinQ LM-G710EM, a Huawei BTV-W09 tablet, a Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-950F) and no matter which internet connection (tried two closed WLANs plus mobile network).

Currently I haven't got access to another account, but maybe I will within the next few days.

I also added 3 screenshots, the first two (165834 and 165842) symbolise what my Spotify Home GUI currently looks like - there are 10 pages of podcast recommendations to scroll down, but only one section of music recommendations and those music recommendations do not match my listener profile at all.

The third screenshot (172539) is just there to show what is missing - all these automatically generated 7 "Mixtapes" playlists and those "your favourites in 2018, 2019, etc" playlists (don't know how they were named) are gone.

What is probably interesting for you is that I listen to a lot of podcasts and the podcast recommendations I get make sense. But I do also listen to quite some music and the mentioned automatically generated playlists were a great way to discover new songs, artists etc based on my listener profile.

Br

Screenshot_20200922-165842.png
Screenshot_20200922-165834.png
Screenshot_20200922-172539.png

I just noticed that some of those music recommendations I miss in the Spotify app are still there, if I run Spotify via the Sonos app. What I'd be interested in is, whether the others here do also have a Sonos device and often use Spotify via Sonos.

FYI:

I had a few days when it was the other way round - entirely music recommendations and no podcasts and now only a few days ago it seems to have switched to a mix of both and those Mixtapes and suggested playlists seem to have reappeared as well. Has there been some related update?

Hey there @02e179_-dwoga,

Thanks for the info and those screenshots.

We're glad to hear that you're now seeing both music and podcast recommendations in your feed. Since we're trying to improve the app and user experience constantly, the content you see gets updated regularly. Sometimes sync issues may occur. This is why we recommend you enable automatic updates, so you'll always get the latest version of the app.

Let us know if this issue comes around in the future.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am also having the same issues, but I have not been able to fix it.  How can I change my Spotify home page to show mostly music recommendations?  Since the addition of podcasts, I have seen only podcast recommendations on my home page.  I really do not care for it.  I do listen to podcasts a lot on here, but they are all from shows/networks I enjoy and have found on my own.  I am quite set in that department, and would like my home screen to have music recommendations again.

Hey there @Carbsforkids,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if the issue persists across devices or only on your phone?

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

this is not a solution. the devs made it this way to sell the podcasts more and make more money but gave the music listeners no way to keep what we like. 90% or more of people who use Spotify will never listen to a podcast because they signed up for the music, not talk shows. this has become a growing issue of the years and it's clear that the devs or executives don't care at all what we have to say because they literally keep showing less music and more shows every day with no way to turn it off. this is a bad look and I have been with Spotify for over 10 years. I canceled my premium for the first time in 10 years because of this issue. I'm not paying for shows, I want music!!!!! What's wrong with the people making decisions. this is so easy to figure out.

they don't care. they know you not getting music recommended like you used to because they coded it that way and they obviously don't care because it's been years now and they keep making it worse and worse. this is a podcast app now not a music app smh

Suggested posts