Home screen troubles

Solved!

Home screen troubles

Jalyssa27

When I go to my home screen it is either blank or it says "something went wrong try again." I have tried deleting the app and downloading it again, restarting my phone, and logging in and out but nothing is changing. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Home screen troubles

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this issue in the Community.

We just wanted to let you know that this issue should now be fixed, as was announced in this tweet in the @SpotifyCares Twitter channel.

Thanks for your patience! Stay awesome ;)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
21 Replies

Rock Star 6
Rock Star 6

Hi @Jalyssa27 and welcome to the Spotify Community! :)
Just curious, but have you also tried the steps below for the clean reinstall? 

Let me know if it's not resolved and I can try to assist further. Have a great day! :)

iPhone 

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head here and click Remove all devices.
  3. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  4. Tap iPhone Storage.
  5. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  6. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete app but its documents data will be kept.
  7. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  8. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  9. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  10. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  11. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  12. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.
Bethany_DawnRock Star 6
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

tly734
Regular

I'm having the same issues as well...

This is happening on my iPhone X running iOS 12.3.1

I'm reluctant to run a clean install on my phone as my Windows 10 Dell Latitude is having the same issue.  

I am still able to access my playlists and search for music that is not saved offline and play it succesfully with Spotify Connect or Bluetooth.  

Spotify version on iOS: 8.5.7.601

Spotify version on Win 10: 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17

spotify.PNG

Doonger
Casual Listener

The steps did not work for me. Still shows Home not loading and now shows browsing does not work either. 

btanderson17

Same issue - followed steps provided and they did not resolve the issue. Running on iPhone X, iOS Version 12.3.1.

B55B4E49-6463-4CA7-9B91-649A59AB0176.png

Shunsmuse
Regular

Having the same issue. It’s not on users to fix a Spotify’s problems, as it clearly is a global issue with the new version rollout.  All of my devices have the same problem. Spotify should announce that affix is on the way, or that they decided to break it and leave it. It’s not usable for exploration except for my current playlist content. 

tly734
Regular

@shunsmuse I partially agree here.  Yes it is up to the company to respond and support a fix, but as a GLOBAL company, there are many checks and balances that need to happen before a software update is implemented.  There are SOO many different Android devices, builds, and possibly country specifc laws that a company has to take into account for before implementing a half baked update that breaks more functionality.  

One more thing to note, I tried clearing the cache in the Spotify app and force closed and reopened on my iPhone.  I did get the three dots (in a wave animation like it's trying) briefly after launching and the home screen did appear for a split second and reverted back to "Something went wrong"  

drewcooper1

Having the same problem on both mobile and desktop. On mobile, I also can't load songs from albums or artists.

marcusbwise
Casual Listener

Same issues on my laptop. Started about 8 hrs ago. Have tried all sugestions and uninstall reinstall, nothing helps. It's doing this on the computer, smart tv and Amazon fire tv. No home screen, Browse or made for you. 

This has to be on Spotify's end. Please fix it asap. 

cbroten

The version on my MacBook Pro also is not working...

SUGGESTED POSTS