Premium

Country

Guatemala 

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.5.1

My Question or Issue

Hi! I recently got a HomePod Mini. However, when I stream my Spotify songs it usually gets spotty and after a few tracks it stops working altogether, while the song is still playing on my iPhone. What can I do?

5 Replies

Hi there @Peter066,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you try to relink the device to see if the issue persist?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The issue still persists, as is the almost 1 second lag between when I press play on my iPhone and when the HomePod begins playing the music. Its something on your end, as the AirPlay feature needs to be updated on your end per Apple.

Hey @Peter066,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We appreciate the time you've taken to report this issue and to share the details of what's happening.

At the moment, we don't officially support HomePod devices. You can look for the devices we currently support here.

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, you can also add your vote and subscribe to this idea. Any update will be posted in that thread.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here to help you.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@MyAARPMedicare wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Guatemala 

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.5.1

My Question or Issue

Hi! I recently got a HomePod Mini. However, when I stream my Spotify songs it usually gets spotty and after a few tracks it stops working altogether, while the song is still playing on my iPhone. What can I do?

There’s little doubt that Apple Music enjoys the kind of home-field advantage that can only come from building both the hardware and software platforms together. However, it’s much more debatable whether Apple is deliberately stifling Spotify and other services by denying them access to the same features.

I also have this exact same problem and after updates with Spotify, iOS, nor HomePod mini itself, the problem hasn't gone away. There's no problem when choosing the HomePod mini as airplay when playing on Apple Music, but when I play from Spotify, there is a visible lag between the play time and after a few songs the HomePod mini just stops playing.

Suggested posts