Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horrible update!! [0.9.1.230]

Solved!

Horrible update!! [0.9.1.230]

The latest version of Spotify app for iPhone is terrible!! Now whenever I search for a song I get a bunch of karaoke and cover versions instead of the real song I'm looking for!! The old style was much better where you could easily sort by artist, albums and tracks!! Spotify took a step backwards and JFK it continues I'll no longer subscribe!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have the new search experience which was just released in the new update:

Improved: Smarter, more responsive searching

There is no way to change it back since this will be the new search experience going forward.

Instead of having 3 tabs to select from, all off the results will be on one single page and will refresh as you type.

The top results will show up first, hopefully making your search experience better. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Moving this over into the iOS section. 

Move: Desktop --> iOS

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

You have the new search experience which was just released in the new update:

Improved: Smarter, more responsive searching

There is no way to change it back since this will be the new search experience going forward.

Instead of having 3 tabs to select from, all off the results will be on one single page and will refresh as you type.

The top results will show up first, hopefully making your search experience better. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm listening to track radio station that played what sounds like a cheezy cover song of the eurithmics real song. Either that or it some other version they did that I don't like. I like the original song...but all I get is thumbs up or thumbs down.....no way to mark that I don't freaking like the version that is there....no way for you all to learn when cheaping out on carrying the original songs, or getting people to them is costing you...I don't see how you would figure out that I dropped my subscription due to this...(if I eventually did).

@grocket Welcome to the Spotify Community!

The recommendation is based on your listening habits.. If you want to fine tune your radio better, give this idea an upvote:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Fixing-Radio-Fine-tuning-songs-Hits-Variety-or-Discove...
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts