Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Spotify mobile is ruining the promise of a great music service

How Spotify mobile is ruining the promise of a great music service

I have to say I really love the Spotify computer app. I can't praise it enough, and I recommend it to all my friends. As an iPod user I was thrilled to be able to take my music everywhere (the main reason I payed 120€ for a one-year subscription).

But the ease and quality of the computer app doesn't seem to have translated well to the mobile environment. I don't know how most people use it, but for me it's mostly offline when I'm outdoors, using my home wireless to sync new songs.

While still being flabbergasted as to how some easy-to-implement interface features are not present, such as:

- Manual triggering the sync of music on the home screen

- Listing by name, author or sync date

- If you're listening to a song, you can't click the author or album name to listen to other songs if you're in offline mode (even if you have other songs from that author or album available offline)

- Shuffle play across multiple playlists (e.g. 80's Rock & OSTs)

What really is making the mobile app experience terrible is that, since the last update, after an app crash (which happens on a daily basis) you need to log in again to listen to your songs. How can I do that if I'm already out and about? It really makes my iPod useless outside.

I really don't understand how these things are overlooked. If Spotify doesn't have a usability guy on the team, they should hire one asap!

0 Replies

Suggested posts