How can I clear my recently played?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: How can I clear my recently played?

jeffreyallan

Yes I am having the EXACT same problem. Someone hacked my account, and has been playing terrible (and profane) music. I really don't want to keep seeing it in my recently played section.  Spotify - PLEASE fix this. I have no idea why you would take away our ability to clear a playlist - that is NOT an improvement!

Solution!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

You can remove contents from the Recently Played section by doing the following:

1. Open the Spotify Desktop App
  2. Enter the Recently Played section
  3. Hover the mouse cursor over the content you wish to remove
  4. Find the three-dots menu on the right of the content image
  5. Select Remove From Recently Played

These steps will remove the content from your Recently Played.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Eraquel
Casual Listener

And... how do you get rid of that vulgar music off your "heavy rotation" list that apparently I didn't warrant.

Highlighted

Troyjack1
Visitor

@Petya, with all due respect, this is not a working solution. The HOME SCREEN continues to display "recently played" items even after they are removed from the recently played tab (on the left side of the app). The problem is that when I open the desktop app, the excessively giant "recently played" horizontal scroll is the first thing I see in the app, and the items in it are from a listening session that someone in another country enjoyed while hacked into my account. These items will not disappear, no matter how much of my own music I listen to, and there is no option to remove - no 3-dots, nothing. The fact that one who has been a premium customer for years cannot remove these items is infuriating and detracts from having a positive experience with the app. 

Highlighted

awwyiss335
Regular

I couldn't agree more. Time to get this fixed.

Like many others in this thread, I too was "hacked" (which apparently is VERY easy to do, despite a min 22 mixed character password) -- I don't want to see any of this garbage music on my main Spotify app page and want a way to remove it for good.

This is your problem as your account management servers are seemingly easily compromised - at least give us users a way to reverse the damage.

Highlighted

awwyiss335
Regular
As if having some stranger view all your choices/preferences wasn't enough.. they apparently insist on having us look at it every time we log in. Wonderful, ain't it?
Highlighted

axle182yes
Visitor

I absolutely agree with @Troyjack1. Why even is the pool that the home screen calls from even is a different from the pool in the recently played tab? If they just displayed from the same pool, there would be less of a problem because at least you can clear it; Even if it is a slow meticulous process of one by one removing items. It's kind of ridiculous, to be frank.

At least pull the recently played items from the "recently played" pool, give an option to clear recently played items all together, or allow people to remove the items from this separate pool that the home screen pulls things from.

Highlighted

f_d-x5o2frc97

I have been hacked for the third time in the past two months and I'm about to lose it. I spend my hard-earned money on a Spotify subscription and this sh*t happens? This is completely unacceptable. You're going to lose all of your customers if you can't fix something as simple as clearing recently played items and protecting our accounts to prevent this mess in the first place. Seriously annoying dealing with getting hacked YET AGAIN.

FIX YOUR PRODUCT SPOTIFY!!

Highlighted

awwyiss335
Regular
That's exactly it. Talking about security, my question now is how closely
is the server that contains the user account login details (i.e. passwords)
vs. where the credit card information is stored... Is it the same, or is
there physical/secured separation?

Being able to retrieve credit card details (especially if passwords are
easily broken) seems pretty easy and the logical next step... part of a
larger problem that may be just waiting to happen.

Time for some clarity and action here Spotify...

Highlighted

musicmaniac32
Visitor

This only partially works.  I still can't clear Recently Played from the Home screen, nor can I clean out the autogenerated playlists that are inspired by Recently Played.  There's also a playlist in Recently Played that I can't delete.  My account was hacked and why should I be constantly reminded of that?  This is infuriating.

SUGGESTED POSTS