Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I delete ‘recently played & ‘continued listening’ songs

How can I delete ‘recently played & ‘continued listening’ songs

I wish to delete played songs & podcasts from my recently played list. How do I do that?
5 Replies

If you want to clear your “Recently Played” list, start by opening the Spotify app on your PC or Mac. In the left-hand menu, click the “Recently Played” option. In the “Recently Played” menu, you’ll see a list of your previously played songs, albums, and artists. Hover your mouse over one of the listed covers to view the available settings.

@ wrote: DG Careers
I wish to delete played songs & podcasts from my recently played list. How do I do that?

I followed your instructions and I don´t see any option to delete songs from the list

@Clairtre9 wrote:

If you want to clear your “Recently Played” list, start by opening the Spotify app on your PC or Mac. In the left-hand menu, click the “Recently Played” option. In the “Recently Played” menu, you’ll see a list of your previously played songs, albums, and artists. Hover your mouse over one of the listed covers to view the available settings.

@ wrote: DG Careers

Why would you tell them to do this knowing there is nothing to select to remove the song?

It is impossible to remove 1 cover from the recently listened list. It is a lie that this option appears. The system allows you to delete a list of yours, but if you have listened to it from another owner it will not let you delete it from your list of recently listened. And I don't want to delete the whole list, just 1 album that I hit play wrong. What's the point of my subscription?

Seemingly what I found is that to remove/ have something not be seen in your recently played you just need to spam other songs. Since there is a limited amount of songs saved in the list so after I believe spamming 50 different songs you shouldn't see it there anymore.

Suggested posts