Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can you make Albums available offline?

Solved!

How can you make Albums available offline?

How do you make albums available to listen to offline on Spotify?

22 Replies

why should a user convert an album into a playlist in order to listen to it offline? this is annoying, considering that premium users pay. this is a poorly implented UX detail.

Very lame. Albums are albums no need for a playlist, Spotify sucks in this regard. Very annoying. You should learn from Groove which you are meant to replace, but UI, basic usability is clearly worse. Also can'tcan't add music from cloud storage. Will be looking at alternatives.

I'm using a Windows laptop for work so decided to download Spotify and have lots of my music available for offline listening. I go into an album and can't figure out how to download an album. So I google it and end up here scratching my head still further that this thread is into its 4th year and somehow the issue has been marked as resolved by suggesting an extremely clunky work around. I usually download albums on my Android phone so why not on the Windows app? I'm genuinely astonished that you need to add the album to a playlist to be able to download it. 

Suggested posts