Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can you view play history?

How can you view play history?

Plan

Premium

Device

Ipad

My Question or Issue

How can you view play history on an Ipad? And why does the back button often just repeat the last song? So annoying. 

4 Replies

Hey @SaroGFX, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You can view Play Queue and History if you have a Premium subscription following these steps.

Also, that's expected. The first time you tap to go back starts the song over if it's already been playing for a while. The second time you tap to go back, it goes to the previous song. If this is something you'd like to see change, you can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. However:

1. The instructions you gave are for the queu. Not for the history.
2. It's normal that it replays the song you've been playing the first time. But more often then not, it will replay the same song regardless of how many times you press previous. It seems to forget the history and there is no way to go to the history manually.

Hey @SaroGFX

Ok got it. 

I'm afraid there isn't an official way to see the history on a mobile device but there is a live idea for that here. However, I'd recommend checking out this workaround that shows you the history when you start creating a new playlist.

You also mentioned the back button not working as intended. Could you try restarting the device? If that doesn't help, then I'd recommend a reinstall of the app following these steps to see if that makes a difference. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Good news!

The new "Recently Played" section is rolling out to the mobile app in the home tab. Here you will be able to see up to 3 months of listening history. Look for the clock icon in the top right corner of the home tab.

Travel back in time: Rediscover lost gems in your listening history with a new “Recently played” destination, where users can jump back in time and browse up to three months’ worth of listening history. Premium and Free users globally will be able to browse recently played individual tracks and episodes in addition to the playlists, albums, and shows they were played from.

You can read more info about "recently played" and other updates to the home tab in the news article:
New Features on Spotify’s Home Hub Make Navigation and Discovery Even Simpler

Spotify_Updates_March2021_PR-Header_1920x733-2048x782.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts