Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How comeI can’t add songs to my playlist on my ipad?

How comeI can’t add songs to my playlist on my ipad?

Every time I try to add something to my playlist the little application where you can choose what playlist you want to add it to opens and closes within a second.
5 Replies

I’ve been having this same issue for a week now along with other issues involving certain setting disappearing from my Spotify app on my iPad. Have never had these issues before so I’m really confused. It’s a pain to have to add songs to a playlist via my phone when I used to just be able to do that from my iPad.

Edit: I attached a video of what’s happening to me on the iPad app.

I’m getting the same error. You should be able to still add songs by clicking the like button twice that appears next to the song on the player window at the bottom left of the screen. Not ideal as it means your bulking out your liked songs, but it is a workaround.

Hi folks!

Could you let us know the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running

Does this issue occur only on iPads? Have you noticed this happening on your mobile phone as well?

You can try logging in to another account (a friend's or a relative's would do) on your iPad to see if the same issue would occur. It's also worth reinstalling the app to check if that does the trick.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same problem on my iPad, started early last week.  I’m using a iPad Pro 11 gen 2 and reinstalled Spotify using version 8.7.68.568.  My iPhone X does not have this problem.  Dave/casual listener.

Hey @DaveWL,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate all the info you've shared so far. In order to continue investigating this case, it would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Also, could you include in your next response the OS version you're currently running on your iPad? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts