Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I add albums/artists/songs to a playlist?

Solved!

How do I add albums/artists/songs to a playlist?

I'd like to add albums and artists to a playlist. I can click the '...' button to add a single song to a queue, and then once in the queue, I can add it to the playlist (which is absolutely a HORRIBLE way to do it), but when I click '...' for an artist or album, that option isn't available? Once in the queue, I can add the song to a playlist, but I can't do it to a song that isn't in the queue? What the hell?

The '...' button should ALWAYS have options to add to a playlist AND a queue, whether the '...' is for a song, album, or artist. This seems like a HUGE oversight in the iOS app - a really half-assed attempt, Spotify.

I'm on the road a lot and being able to create playlists on the fly from my iPhone is a VERY important feature. One that is a make-it-or-break-it for continuing my Premium subscription. I'd rather use Pandora if I can't create playlists on the fly because it's MUCH cheaper for otherwise similar 'radio' functionality (for me) - the rest of the features are useless without being able to create big playlists on the fly - afterall, that's what Spotify is all about - getting the music you want, when you want it.

BIG FAIL.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That's weird. Maybe try to reinstall the app? That will delete all your offline music though. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Click on the desired album, the in the top right corner you'll see 3 dots. Click on them then choose Add to playlist 

There is NO option for 'Add to playlist' on the iPhone. The only options are:

Go to Artist

Start Radio

This is with the latest iPhone application: Version 3.6.0.923

I have those 3 dots and the options Save, Add to playlist, Share, Go to Artist and Start radio **bleep** on My iPhone 6 and my iPad. 

It seems weird that you don't have it...

What version is your app? (Go to Settings -> About)

How in the hell do we have the same version but have completely different user interfaces?

image.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Marked as solution

That's weird. Maybe try to reinstall the app? That will delete all your offline music though. 

Wierd. Deleting and then re-installing did the trick. It doesn't work for artists, but now I can add albums to playlists at least.

I'm glad it worked ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Suggested posts