Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I add songs I am playing to a playlist in the new Spotify on iOS?

How do I add songs I am playing to a playlist in the new Spotify on iOS?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a song that I am listening to to a playlist on the new version of Spotify on iOS.

I used to click on the "i" information icon and then I could add to playlist.

Now when I am playing a song, that icon is no longer there.  Nothing that I click on seems to give me the option of adding to a playlist.

I'm sure that it's just hidden somewhere silly, but I have been hunting around and not managed to find it yet.

Please let me in on the secret!  I like the new look overall, but need the functionality I am used to still to be easily available.....

Jon

5 Replies

If you're offline you're no longer able to add/edit playlists anymore, idk why but it's a huge pet peeve of mine and I wish I could revert back to the previous version on spotify. If you do have an internet connection though then you simply just press the button with the three dots ... to the right of the title/artist of the track

Oh dear... so sad... I need this almost every day when I commute and listen to playlists offline to create mine.

Hope they will come back... and listen to us.

Dom

OK - so this is a "feature" with the latest version (Spotify have this annoying habit of removing previous functionality).

If you want this feature back, please add kudos to this post:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-Back-quot-Add-to-Playlist-quot-in-Offline-Mode-f...

Yes, I like to add songs from an album to a playlist in offline. Why do they take away functionality? While we're at it, the new buttons are so small I have to press then multiple times for them to react. Do they QA these "improvements"?

I figured it out. You do it from the album. The three dots in a circle icon

Suggested posts