Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change the name of a playlist while on iOS?

Solved!

How do I change the name of a playlist while on iOS?

It seems like something incredibly straightforward but I honestly can't find out how to do this. 

35 Replies

I guess we should take our money elsewhere. This is a simply common sense thing one should be able to do.

Who has time to re-create a playlist just so it can be renamed.

Come on Spotify get it together!

Edit- simple

Spotify it is now 2015 and you all still haven't found a solution to renaming playlist. Pray that apple with their iTunes and beats radio doesn't give offline playlists or else I'm defecting because this is ridiculous.

For an app that's mobile in the first place I am amazed that I have to go to my Mac just to rename a playlist. Come on.

I have some good news.

I am the creator of Rename My Playlist, a recently launched webapp that allows you to rename any playlist on the go, no matter which device you are on.

The Spotify Web API has this feature, though, but even the official web app (play.spotify.com) doesn't.

The URL of this tool is:

http://r.techguysoftware.com:443

No need to get out a laptop anymore.

Hope you enjoy 🙂

- TGSoftware

Is it serious?
We can't change playlist name on an IOS. It's crazy. Simple and banal task!!!
+2 years asking this basic feature and nothing until now... Ridiculous.

Bizarre! When editing just let us tap the title to update it! Halfway through 2015 but still not fixed...

Nice workaround TGSoftware! Why not wrap it and make it into a native app? - would be nicer if you make clearer that you won't abuse the access you appear to have, or explain that you don't, if so.

I Think this is a joke! Spotify what are you working on (space travel)?

Awesome! Works like a charm. Thanks for going out of your way to make this.

It is pretty sad that a 3rd party program has to be made just to change the name of a playlist. What's the deal Spotify guys?

is not a solution...

Follow me
Marked as solution

Good news!

You can now rename playlists in the new version 3.9 that was released today.

At the top of a playlist tap on "Edit" and then tap on "Rename".

IMG_1487.PNG

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's better than good, that's GREAT! - I had some slight throuble discovering it as I expected to rename on list/"folder" level but I'm happy it's at least possible natively!
Thanks a lot!

Awesome!!!!

Yep. Biggest complaint about Spotify. Don't worry about changing the color of the logo... Fix the stuff that matters.

Suggested posts