Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete songs from a playlist?????

Solved!

How do I delete songs from a playlist?????

Hi there,

I can't figure out how to delete songs from one of my playlists. I can't do it on my iphone 6 (I click on the three dots, but I have no option to remove the song). I removed a bunch of songs on my desktop, but they still show up when I play the playlist on my iphone.

Please help!

Thank you... 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think you're pressing the wrong "three dots" -- it's not the ones next to the songs' names - it's the one on the top right corner, which will show  you options like download, edit, become public/secret, delete playlist, EDIT...

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Hi @gurdyp,

open the playlist, click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen: red symbols will appear next to each song. Just click on the ones you want to delete 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi,

Yeah, that's it -- I don't see any red symbols.

I only get the options to "save", "add to playlist", etc...
Marked as solution

I think you're pressing the wrong "three dots" -- it's not the ones next to the songs' names - it's the one on the top right corner, which will show  you options like download, edit, become public/secret, delete playlist, EDIT...

BittencourtSpotify Star

Ohhhhhh. Hilarious. Go it. 

Thank you so much!!!

You're welcome 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star

This topic is incredibly silly in that it's a simple implementation and a feature that would save a lot of people hassle and headache in removing songs individually from their playlists. 

The removal of a song individually while it's playing on the mobile app (iphone 6) IS available, but only for 'songs' in the checkmarked category. WHY!!!!!!!!!! Why not add the removal feature to ALL playlists while the song is playing? It would make cleaning up playlists to much easier.

Please! Implement! 

That's definitely an option, and one I wasn't aware of and will come in use for small-scale playlists. Thank you for enlightening me!

But what do you recommend for playlists with 3,000+ songs? 

The feature I want is to simply delete a song as it comes up while it's playing (mobile app, iphone 6) I did check to see if that option you recommended worked by even further going into a song as it's playing, upper right hand corner, edit feature, and yet no go.

Been hoping to find the answer to this for some time! Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Dara 

Hey @floralux11, unfortunately at present on iOS, there's no quick method for removing mass numbers of tracks from a playlist.

Best option would be to jump onto a desktop if you can and that way, you can highlight multiple tracks to delete at once.

Thank you  for the solution. Don't get me wrong, I like much about Spotify and use it a lot. Maybe that is why it annoys the cr*p out of me when such a basic funtion as editing a playlist is either unavailable or extremely well hidden, both on ios and os x.

Top 3 right dots then click EDIT to reveal the red delete dots. Boom!

I see the opions download. edit, rename, make secret, make colabrative and delete playlist, but absolutely no opions or red dots to delete individual songs. I even tried to delete playlist, because spotify is taking far to much space on my device. I thought if I could I could just download a smaller playlist. I need space on my device, and if spotify doesn't give me thaat option, when my three month trial is over, I'm simply going to discontinue service.

Hey @gr33nmind,

When you choose the Edit option, you'll see the red dots appear and will be able to delete individual songs.

BittencourtSpotify Star

This worked. Unfortunately the only reason I wanted to delete an album was because it would not download, and I was continually left wt the message downloading which I'm sure drained battery life. It wasn't like it was an artist obsessed wt sound quality. I'd understand if it was Neil Young, but Edie Brickell & Steve Martin?

Hi! Have the same problem...though im using iphone 7+ . I cant find that 3 dots on the upper right hand corner in the playlist. What should I do?
IMG_4109.PNG

Hi @azil_26,

On mobile, Free users get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices. This means:

• You can’t stream specific songs on demand, and you’re only able to skip a track 6 times per hour.
  • Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing.

Just head to any playlist, album, or artist page and press SHUFFLE PLAY. Your music will begin playing right away.

Tip: For even more awesome features on your mobile phone, and unlimited streaming with no ad interruption or skip limits, try Spotify Premium!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Oh so you're saying that Deleting songs in playlist is only available if you are a monthly subscriber right?

Hi @azil_26, what are you playing from in this instance? That doesn't seem to look like a screenshot from Spotify (unless I'm mistaken and that's a new feature I'm not aware of).

Hey @azil_26,

No, I didn't say that. If you create a playlist you can delete songs in it, even if you are a Free user 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi! That's A screenshot of spotify. I don't know either why I don't have that 3 dots on the upper right corner were I can delete/edit songs in my playlist. I just downloaded this app last december.

Suggested posts