Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete songs from a playlist?????

Solved!

How do I delete songs from a playlist?????

Hi there,

I can't figure out how to delete songs from one of my playlists. I can't do it on my iphone 6 (I click on the three dots, but I have no option to remove the song). I removed a bunch of songs on my desktop, but they still show up when I play the playlist on my iphone.

Please help!

Thank you... 🙂

38 Replies

That's my only concern actually...looks like mine is different since I don't have that options to delete/edit songs in my playlist. 😞

It looks a bit different really...

Can you please attach a screen shot of the About page (in Settings, the gear icon)?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here are the screenshots
IMG_4166.PNG
IMG_4165.PNG
IMG_4164.PNG

Hey @azil_26

That's definetely not Spotify. I suggest you go to the App Store and download SPOTIFY MUSIC, it should be the first result when you start typing Spotify on the search bar.

BittencourtSpotify Star

It says Spotify Premium...oh well it's odd if it's not a spotify since I have an account. Anyway, thank you for all the replies. 🙂

Maybe it's an app that connects to your Spotify account, like a playlist manager.

Anyway, feel free to ask us any other questions. And please don't forget to add likes to the useful replies 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

The direct link to Spotify for iOS is here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/spotify-music/id324684580

When I search for music to add to my playlists. I often add albulms I have never heard of by Artists I might like. It is mindnumbing that while playing back my playist I HAVE NO OPTION TO DELETE THE TRACK I DONT LIKE! Please Add Delete from Cue and Delete from Playlist options on the Right click menu! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey @vacuatus,

Actually you can delete any song you want when you're playing albums and playlists. On the main screen (big image from the artist), just tap the icon on the top right corner and you'll be able to change the songs order as well as deleting them.

But if you're talking about the desktop app (we are in the iOS section), just click on the icon besides the volume control (bottom right corner) and you'll see your Queue, which you can manage the way you want 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi I agree with Dara.
This annoys me so much I'm almost at the point of cancelling my premium membership and try another app.
It's f#cking annoying if I'm using Spotify on my phone and can't delete one song quickly from a huge playlist. I basically have to scroll the whole darn list or first search it....
Aarhhghhh! Sorry

I cannot believe that in the menu of the playing song you can add to playlist but you cannot remove from current playlist. Is there any way to sign some petition to developers?

Hey @freddi3k, sure there is!

Just click here and post your idea. If if gets enough votes it might be implemented 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

I'm in Discover Weekly playlist which I have downloaded.  I click the three dots at the top right and I do not get any edit. I get stop following, downloa, add to queue, share and go to radio.  There is no edit offered.  This means I can't see a way of removing from the playlist songs I really don't like.  I'm sure there's a solution to this. 

There is no option "edit" when I press top right hand three dots. I am on on iPhone 7 +

Hey @grobennett,

You might be trying it on a playlist that was not created by you. We can only edit playlists that we create.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi thanks for your reply I’ve worked it out now.

Good, you're welcome anytime @iainmacwhirter.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Yes got it.   The ellipses (3 dots) at the top provided the options to remove individual songs in the playlist.

Suggested posts