Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I delete the synced offline files from my iPhone?

Solved!

How do I delete the synced offline files from my iPhone?

Hey people! I just unchecked "offline" for all my playlists on my iPhone to free up some memory. However the usage of the Spotify-App is still shown with 1GB. Is there any way to get rid of the cached songs besides reinstalling the app? Regards, Marius
90 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify tech support confirmed that you have to uninstall the Spotify app to reclaim the storage it uses. Use Battery Doctor for what you like, but it does not clean any caches or fix this specific problem.

This is on iOS, not Android.

Looks like the best solution to this is to uninstall the app! L000000000000000L

Alright, so I finally got some time to take a few screen shots proving that using Battery Doctor can, in fact, clear Spotify's app cache. Please follow my Imgur link for a step by step of this process. You can clearly see Spotify's cache go from 2.48GB to 1.97GB. I won't bother trying to convince anyone else after this post, so you can take it or leave it. As I've said before, this clearly works for me, and I'm only trying to help. 🙂

https://imgur.com/gallery/P8NjA

This is on iOS not Android btw.

Also, just to be clear, the reason the cache didn't go down any further is because I've got several playlists downloaded, so it obviously won't clear those files. 🙂

Have you had a chance to try this app out yet, acser?

Early 2012 this already was a problem. Now, end of 2017, nothing changed. 5,5 years later. Am I missing something here? How hard can it be for one of the biggest music services to code the fact that you can delete songs you downloaded on your iPhone?

Really? Cmon, millions of people pay you off each month. You guys aren't some indie developer. Provide some darn service. This is the 21th century.

I guess this issue will never be solved. Nice job Spotify. 

🤞

Dear Spotify,

Having had 25+ years experience as a software developer, I am offering your software team a day's free consultancy to help them solve this obviously extremely difficult bug. 

I know you started off with IOS like what 5 years ago? I found this topic because i did a search on google for ANDROID! I have to clear ALL data if i want my space back.. this is on latest app version and android 8.1 on my nexus 5x.. well this is just sad 😞

Suggested posts