Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I listen to my PC's music on my IPAD?

Solved!

How do I listen to my PC's music on my IPAD?

These are the directions (below this paragraph). I have my music stored in Folders on my PC. When I tap "Your Music" on my IPAD I only see the playlists that I've already created from songs on Spotify.
Therefore, how can I tap a playlist featuring my PC's music? It makes no sense to me.
Thx
============== iPad

For: Premium only. 

1. Add music files from your desktop (see Desktop instructions) to a playlist.
  2. Log in to Spotify on your iPad using the same WiFi network as your desktop.
  3. Tap Your Music .
  4. Tap the playlist containing your music files.
  5. Switch Download on.
    A green arrow will appear next to the playlist when the import is complete.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yay! I'm happy for you!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

On your pc, go to edit, preferences and go to Local Files and make sure you have your folder enabled.

Next go to local files and you should see you music there.

After that you simply drag and drop desired song into one of your playlists on spotify.

You also need to have both your iPad and Pc connected to the same Wi-Fi(might need to have spotify open on both).

On your iPad check the download button on the playlist you have added your songs to and they should sync.

Now you should be able to listen to your pc's music on your iPad.

Hope this helps 🙂

spotify.png
spotify2.png
spotify3.png

I am fairly PC savvy, but this part confused me "make sure you have your
folder enabled". What does that mean?

Btw, my music folders are on my desktop. Does that make a difference?

Thx for that quick response.

Lee

Enabled as in the specific folder in which you have your music in is found in the spotify program on pc.

It shouldn't matter where your folder lies, as long as you have the pathway to it and added that folder as a source.

sp3.png
sp4.png
sp5.png

Thanks again for your reply.

Here is what I did. This is my folder. (Hitachi)

I created a Billy Sprague Playlist. Billy only has two (older) albums on Spotify. I wanted to add my two older albums. They would NOT drag and drop (I got the "NO" Red symbol), even though I have 'enabled' the Hitachi Folder as shown. I tried it with and without Download turned on.

Last night, I was able to get two Michael Card songs from my computer by searching for it. They show up as "DISC*******" on my IPad, but I can play them on my PC. They weren't on Spotify, but I 'found' them via a Search. That's great for one or two songs, but if I want to do a whole CD/Album, that could get cumbersome.

Btw, I have no idea how to put these pics in the right order....sorry. I just uploaded them both.

Spot 1.png
spot 2.png
Spot 3.png

Ok great it's good that you included images, you should be able to find the songs on spotify now.

There's this tab called "Local Files" in which you should find all your music from the hitachi folder and its sub-folders.

What i meant by drag and drop was only dragging songs from within spotify's "Local Files" tab to your spotify playlists.

The reason for the title of the songs you found might be because of the different values spotify and windows use for the titles, as an example "Rock the Planet" is only a file name which also has the Music Title value of "DISC*******" which Spotify uses for the song's display names.

sp1.png
sp2.png

Thanks....that makes sense. Two more questions (sorry):

I dragged "Billy Sprague-Rock The Planet" to the Playlist on my PC.

1) It shows up as "greyed out on my IPad". How do I get it to show up "un grayed" so that I can play it? Help (on my IPAD) says to "Mark the Playlist for Offline Sync" but I don't see that option for that on my PC or my IPad.

2) Is there any way to drag more than one song at a time? I tried holding the Ctrl Key/Shift Keys down, etc, but nothing worked.

Again.... BIG THX!

Oh, well I like helping out in any way I can 🙂

So, 

1) To make your songs be playable on the iPad you need to have both your pc and your iPad connected to the same Wi-Fi, and then on your iPad you need to check the the download button at the top of the playlist.

2) Yes, you should be able to use (hold)ctrl + left-click to select individual songs, and you can use: first left clicking on 1 song and then (hold)shift + left click to another song above or below that one to select all the songs inbetween your selection.

Hope this helps 🙂

Oh and here's the button you need to press to download the playlist on your iPad 🙂

sp1.png

Thanks....I had the Download Key pressed "On" on the PC, but not on the IPad.

Now I have all the tunes that didn't make it to Spotify.

Kewl!!!!

THX Again!!!!

Marked as solution

Yay! I'm happy for you!

Suggested posts