Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV?

Solved!

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV?

How do I play video from a podcast on my Apple TV 4K? 

25 Replies

OK it’s February 2021 can someone watch a podcast video on Apple TV? If not I’m canceling my account it’s not worth the money if you can’t see the actual interview

What about Apple TV??

If your comment don’t give a real solution... prefer not to answer at all.

Let's all comment everyday until they solve this issue. It's ridiculous, no casting, no video on the app.

I have not been listening to JRE like I have in the past when he was on Youtube, I only recently bought the new 4th gen apple tv 4K and the Spotify App is on there but only for listening usage, which truly sucks, so many of the interviews are much more engaging to be able to see some of the clips they show and talk about for moments during the show, other JRE podcasts I am ok with listening while on a road trip or doing something else that requires my attention to be elsewhere than viewing. That being said the I just realized that I can screen mirror the video onto my 4th gen, have yet to see if it will work on my 3rd gen I still have. I am quite **bleep** that apple TV has disabled the youtube app on the 3rd gen apple tv, and other apps don't work which is why I made the purchase for the new gen apple tv. But I whole heartedly agree with others in this forum that Spotify is way overrated and not worth paying money for, I only have only had the free version, Apple music is much better for music and syncs much easier with all my Apple devices. Until JRE was signed on, I can't remember the last time I opened it before they signed Joe, I miss being able to easily watch JRE podcasts without the complications. I hope that Spotify is not getting their return on investment in regards for the amount of views/listeners that Joe was getting on Youtube and other podcast listening platforms. Spotify had months to develop viewing ability for the various devices from the time it was announced they signed Joe until they made it exclusive. I also despise Spotify for making Joe delete literally hundreds of millions of previously viewed and aired podcasts from 5+ years ago.I feel they only did this because it is another ploy for them to get more views/listens that they wouldn't get otherwise!! They need to fix the apple tv platform to be able to view without screen mirroring. I constantly get interrupted when texts, emails, phone calls come through and stops the viewing ability!! 

GET your **bleep** TOGETHER SPOTIFY!!!!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Happy to share this option should now be available!

Take a look here for more info 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts