How do I see the full canvas?

Highlighted

How do I see the full canvas?

Casual Listener

This has been bothering me for a while.

I would like to see the full canvas but the new(er) feature in which tapping the screen no longer gets rid of the HUD and instead switches the canvas to the album cover is limiting my view of the canvas. They are now almost not visible with the shadows from the HUD over it. I think the short videos are fun to look at while listening and I would like to appreciate them in their entirety. Does anybody know how to get rid of the display with the pause button to see the full canvas?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR 

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How do I see the full canvas?

Hey there @yorkenu

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

In case the album cover is visually interfering with the canvas feature you might need to get the latest version of the Spotify app. The best way to do this is by running a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app on your iPhone. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on any device. Check out this help page to find the steps for a clean reinstall depending on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick for you, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.  

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I did the full clean reset, but i still cant make the pause button go away so i can see the full canvas. However, I could not figure out how to disable power saving options and restrictions. Do you know how?

Highlighted

Music Fan

Wasn't this some broken by some recent update?

I think those little videos are nice, but also handy that it was developed so that user could push it once and it changed back to static album-cover.

Please, fix this and remove the pause button etc from blocking the canvas.

SUGGESTED POSTS