How do I turn off Spotify Connect?!

Highlighted

Re: How do I turn off Spotify Connect?!

microglyphics
I'm about to cancel Spotify service altogether. I keep getting other people's play lists, and they take over my mobile.
Highlighted

Swanny
Community Legend
Hi @microglyphics, have you tried changing your passwords to see if that resolves the issue?

Highlighted

ChrisL56
I am uninstalling spotify from my phone until this is fixed. I do not want it to connect to my devices unless I tell it to. I also listen to undisclosed only phone or want to listen to streaming radio. Spotify disconnect just makes this more of a hassle.
Highlighted

pedersen252-gb
It drives me mad when my daughter and our two teen foster daughters (who don't have access to my password) can stop Spotify playing through chromecast! Two of them don't even have Spotify apps on their phones! This needs addressing pronto!
Other than that Spotify is the best thing since sliced bread.
Highlighted

Swanny
Community Legend
Hey @pedersen252-gb, that's an issue with Chromecast itself, not Spotify. Any apps that support Chromecast can kick off the existing app that is using Chromecast.

Highlighted

jajanssen
Casual Listener

I have this Issue aswel. 

My spotify AUTOMATICALLY, thinks it should switch to a random persons Echo. 

And then I have to move it back. 

Fire whomever made this. 

Highlighted

Swanny
Community Legend
Hi @jajanssen this sounds like someone has obtained access to your account. I would suggest changing your password and selecting the option to log out of all your devices.

Highlighted

jajanssen
Casual Listener
Already did that
Highlighted

Swanny
Community Legend
@jajanssen do you see Amazon or the Echo listed here? https://www.spotify.com/account/apps/

Highlighted

johnzdebest
Regular

This is ridiculous. I'm at work, and Spotify will randomly decide to switch from my Mac (with headphones plugged in), to my Android device. There's no way to stop this unless I force quit Spotify on my Android, which I don't want to do every time. Are there any plans to allow users to disable this functionality?

SUGGESTED POSTS