How do I turn off Spotify Connect?!

Highlighted

Re: How do I turn off Spotify Connect?!

retrodisk
Casual Listener

For whatever reason, connect doesn't only work on wifi. It works on ALL devices connected to your account.

In my testing, using spotify desktop, rabbit (pulled up spotify web), an LG G5, and a friend's iphone.

From Desktop, I could control Web (neither connected to same network), and from the friend's iphone, she could control what was on my computer from a different state (I did give her my credentials). Note that the devices listed all can control this, but this was some examples of what I have experienced.

Highlighted

Longimanus
Casual Listener

Hey, I did change my password 3 times with log off on all devices and still isn't fixed... 

Highlighted

armandv

Same here, please fix this Spotify!

Spotify Connect through Chrome keeps on playing crappy music..which is very annoying and is messing up my Daily Mixes etc!

Highlighted

Cohlklein2014

Ok so i have an issue whenever i listen to my spotify on anywhere other than my phone and it connects so some random a$$ ps4 near me and he is DELETING ALL OF MY FAVOURITE SONGS AND ADDING HIS THROWBACK 60’s MUSIC SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE THAT WONT RESULT IN ME GETTING A NEW ACCT THEREFORE LOSING ALL MY MUSIC

Highlighted

Stuka_87

So, it is now 2018, and I am still unable to turn off this unwanted feature. I would be fine if it only connected when I asked it. But the fact that devices can fight over what song is playing is complete BS. I have been using spotify for many, many years. And this "feature" is making me want to cancel my premium account.

Highlighted

Longimanus
Casual Listener

I did delete my premium and the app. Now using Deezer. 

Highlighted

Styxs

Looks like I’ll have to do the same. This is driving me nuts

Highlighted

grunfeldt

2018, can u guys resolve this **bleep**ing issue! 

Highlighted

Sir-Jam-a-lot

TURN IT OFF!!!

I hate it.

My phone starts playing music at the office when I'm in the car, or at home when I'm actually at work.

Hint: The device I press PLAY on is the device I want to PLAY my music.

Who thought up this idiotic feature? And it's non-optional since 2015??

What is wrong with you? Just look how many people DONT WANT IT!

FFS, seriously re-thinking my subscription. Apple music probably does it better.

Highlighted

noext
Casual Listener

well its 2018 , its time to switch to youtube music, bigger library and no shitty "feature" like this one

SUGGESTED POSTS