Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn off the Spotify song code popup?

How do I turn off the Spotify song code popup?

Every time I go to add a song to a playlist or something like that, I message pops up saying "Show this code to a friend - they can scan it to start listening. (Tap the camera in the search bar.)"

I got it the first time, definitely don't need to keep seeing this every time.

19 Replies

Definitely gonna need an answer to this question as well. Been a premium member for a bit and this is the exact sort of thing to get me to disco.

Same here. I got it after the first time. Don't need to be reminded every time.

Same issue here! It comes up every time I go to that page.

Same here
It's fvcking irritating
How do I stop it ?!!!!

What everyone else is saying;
Turn it OFF!

I'm experiencing this issue as well, I'm debating switching to pandora or Apple Music. This pop up is extremely annouting, I like that the code is there so I can share with friends but having to close the pop up to queue a song or add it to a playlist is extremely annoying

How do you turn it off ???!!!!!!????!!!!?!!!!??!!!!?

I agree! I want to turn it off as well.

REALLY ANNOYING.

Spotify can you reply at least or do something about it????

Thanks

Open up the scanner with the camera icon to the right of the search bar, then close it. You shouldn't get it anymore.

EDIT: You only see it once every time you open the app, even if you don't do the scan trick. If you restart it you see the "tip" again.

This did the trick for me

I keep seeing it if I restart the app...

TURN IT OFF INDEFINITELY ITS SO ANNOYING

+1

Another thread relating to this issue that has not been addressed or even mentioned. Please turn this incredibly annoying "feature" off.

I don't understand how some of these UX decisions get made or make it through QA. The constant Spotify Code pop up is an absolutely disgraceful way to treat your premium users. You should be making user goals/tasks easier, not injecting what feels like adware and interrupting a user's journey.

All for a feature that maybe 5% of users use at best, yet it negatively affects 100% of user flows?

You're better than this, Spotify.

please turn this off. It is adware that a lot of us pay money to avoid. Also I already have multiple ways to easily text or email songs to friends so I don't see the value of this code scanning complication at all. Please please please turn it off

I would like to add that this pop up is a safety issue. If I'm quickly changing songs while I'm driving I can't afford to be looking down at my phone figuring out how to disable a popup. Please add a feature/option to disable anything that comes to the front of the app asap.

No solution? cancelled. 

Incredibly annoying. Has anyone even acknowledged this problem? 

Suggested posts