Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do i know how many songs I have downloaded for offline use

How do i know how many songs I have downloaded for offline use

How do I know how many songs I have downloaded for each device, for offline use? Thanks
30 Replies

It's a bit of a process but this is what I've done.

On Spotify, first I created a Playlist called "Offline Files" I copy/paste any of my own files to that Playlist.

On my computer, I rename the files' mp3tags I want to use on Spotify with the album titled "MySpotifyMix - Beatles" (or ClassicRock, or Jazz, or whatever playlist I'm going to eventually drop it into)

Now I can see how many files in a particular Playlist (say ClassicRock) are mine and how many are from Spotify's library.

Again....a bit of annoying and involved process but it helps me keep track of how many of the 3333 I have set for Offline.

-Davespotify1.jpg

Smart.

in this day and age, Spotify should be able to implement an offline download count, especially if their pricing model is related to this feature.

I see this question still hasn't been answered and unless I'm missing something, the problem hasn't been solved yet. The only way to find out how many songs I have saved/download for offline use is if I count them off (or by using some other weird methods like copying the songs into word or excel. What the actual f*ck).
I'm not an expert but this should be an easy fix, I think. (it's 2016 ffs)
Anyway my workaround for this is to simply turn the "download" switch in "songs" off and on again (see screenshots), it will briefly give you a notification on how many songs you have downloaded, and out of how many (again, screenshot provided). You shouldn't need an Internet connection for the songs to download again since technically they're already downloaded, but just in case make sure you have some sort of connection (doesn't have to be strong) or else you will have to download all your library all over again which could take a lot of time and data.
*I've only tested this on Android, not sure if it works on IOS*
Screenshot_20160824-202113.jpg
Screenshot_20160824-202141.jpg

This is what works for me > Go to your music
Click on Songs

Select one track then click command+A on a mac (select all function)

Then command+C (Copy)

Open up excel, click on the A1 box

Then paste

Scroll down and check the number that it stops at.

Hope this helps!

I understand that agreements were separately setup with each of the music copyright owners and that while it was a mistake in hindsite to create the 3,333 limit, it's what we're stuck with. What I don't understand is why the information of where I am in relation to that limit is a deep dark secret that SPOTIFY KNOWS but won't tell me (if spotify did not know it couldn't enforce the limit).

So Spotify KNOWS and REFUSES to tell us what our mobile download track counts are, the insanity, oh the insanity.

hit ctr f and seach 201 and that is roughly the amount of songs you have.

Screenshot 2017-01-05 at 9.30.01 PM.png

Completely retarded. Great app with a few major, yet easily fixable, flaws. Lesson 1: Listen to your users. Spotify presence here is almost non-existent.

This is another stupid thing I've come across on Spotify that absolutely can, and should be fixed. It's so simple that the fact it isn't added is pathetic lol

It's the same for desktop. Not just mobile

yesss!!! this worked. i'm disappointed how few songs i have. 

@feedingears wrote:

This is what works for me > Go to your music
Click on Songs

Select one track then click command+A on a mac (select all function)

Then command+C (Copy)

Open up excel, click on the A1 box

Then paste

Scroll down and check the number that it stops at.

Hope this helps!

YOU ARE AWESOME!

This is the best workaround by far.

It took less than 2 minutes to see I'm at 20% of my saved song limit.

Suggested posts