Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How the heck can I delete albums and artists out of Your Music?!?!?!?

Solved!

How the heck can I delete albums and artists out of Your Music?!?!?!?

I had asked elsewhere about how to delete stuff out of "Your Music" and was told that from the 3 dots in the upper right of the app screen I would get a "Remove" option.

BUT.

1) That option is simply not there all the time. I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason as to why or why not-it seems maybe I can't remove artists, only albums? (But then, I don't see any way to view just albums by an artist...). Maybe it's only items I have played that I can remove? 

That rule didn't really seem to work either. Some albums/artists I can "remove" but not others, they simply don't show the option, not even greyed out. What the heck is going on?!?!? (These items are NOT in playlists, I hardly use playlists).

2) Even when I can "Remove" that stuff still appears in the "Your Music" list. So what the heck am I removing? Not the music, as I don't download for offline listening any more. How can I get this stuff totally out of the list? (Yeah, I supposed I could remove and reinstall the entire app, but that seems ridiculous to be doing that periodically)

I just want to parse the list down to stuff I want to listen to in the future-not junk I already heard, not my kids stuff she sticks in there sometimes. It is really bugging me that I can't clear out this old stuff!

Help! Or maybe I should say HELLp!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I will do my best to help you!

To remove a album follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify and go to the "Album view"
  2. Open the album that you want to remove.
  3. Scroll all the way up (so that you see the cover).
  4. Press the "saved"-button so it says "save" instead. 
  5. Finished.

Hope this helped. 🙂

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

I will do my best to help you!

To remove a album follow these steps:

1. Open Spotify and go to the "Album view"
  2. Open the album that you want to remove.
  3. Scroll all the way up (so that you see the cover).
  4. Press the "saved"-button so it says "save" instead. 
  5. Finished.

Hope this helped. 🙂

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

That works or at least gets me to where I can delete. From the album view I can get the REMOVE option, so far every time, and the stuff is not in the list any more.

This question might also relate to the Recently Played list. At the top of the list hit Edit and delete the stuff you don't want anymore.

This option doesnt seem to work. When i do select the artist and scroll to the top often there is not a "save" or "unfollow" option and i have to uncheck each song individually beside the song name. There could be 50+ songs for one artist, this takes so long, is there not a better way?

that's been posted before, guess what NOT true-  even when they are not SAVED  you cant delete them

I've never gotten this to work by artist. Yeah, you'd *think* you could select an artist and get a "REMOVE" button but no. I've only been able to delete in the Albums view, one album at a time. Tedious. I wonder/wish I could manage that list from a desktop.

Don't have the edit option on mine.

On a Windows desktop this is about a million times easier. You are right: this is plain torture on my iPad

Doesn't work

the 3 dots (ellipse) only shows Start Radio, Copy Playlist link and Make Public

It only works if you are looking at Album view. If you are looking by
artist or whatever, it doesn't work. At least that is my recollection; I
only delete in Album view at it does indeed work.

It is total bull**bleep** that I can't simply delete an artist. Your interface sucks.

It IS stupid 😞

To remove Albums from your list, enter the playlist, scroll up and select Unfolow.
To delete albums, go to Albums, on the top right corner tap on "EDIT" and then on the left sight of each album a "-" symbol will appear, tap on it and you willbe able to delete.

You can delet anything you want:
To remove Albums from your list, enter the playlist, scroll up and select Unfolow. The album will desapear from your list.
To delete albums (that you are not following), go to Albums, on the top right corner tap on "EDIT" and then on the left sight of each album a "-" symbol will appear, tap on it and you willbe able to delete.
To delet a song, go to Albums, go inside the album where you have the song you want to delete, tap Edit on the upper right corner and then the rest is intuitive.

it wont let me delete it 

Ok... everything you all said does not work. I do not have a "-" button or an EDIT button anywhere. sigh... I want this album off of my list, it offends me, and there is no option to delete or remove. I will not follow it... in case the unfollow wont work. VERY FRUSTRATED!!! 

The question asked about removing artists, and the answer did not at all address that. It is really bugging me too. How do I remove artists? Thank you.

Suggested posts