Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change the currency charge on premium

How to change the currency charge on premium

I downloaded Spotify at Denmark. But I'm actually living in Malaysia. And now when I wanted to upgrade to premium they are charging me on Denmark currency. Which is very expensive when it convert to mine. I'm trying to edit the country at the profile but I can't. How do I purchase on my own currency? Thanks you.
1 Reply

@Raineemervin

In this case, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Please be aware that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts