Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from library?

How to delete songs from library?

I use spotify to sync my local files to my iphone. My local files aren't from itunes, they're just saved onto my computer in a folder. I used to have a dell, and had all my songs on that computer and synced them to my phone. However I recently just got a mac, and I've downloaded a few more songs. I was able to sync my phone to my new computer, and instead of replacing my library on my phone, it added to them (exactly what i wanted it to do). However, now when I download more songs to my new computer and sync them to my phone, the bar at the top of my computer screen that says how much space is used is almost filled up. Most of the songs I have on my phone are old and were downloaded to my old computer, and I don't listen to them anymore. They don't show up in my library on my new computer, so I can't delete them. I do still have my old computer, but I haven't tried to delete songs off of it. Is this what I have to do to get more space? (The picture attached is the bar I was talking about)

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question!

Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 1.40.17 PM.png
6 Replies

Do those old tracks still show up in your playlists on your mobile device and on the desktop? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes, they still show up everywhere and that's why I can't delete them.

Can you remove them using the desktop client if you go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Untick "Hide Unplayable Tracks" and then remove them from your playlists?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's no longer possible to delete songs from iPhone in iOS7. To remove music:
1) Find a PC/Mac
2) Install iTunes if it is not installed
3) Connect your device
4) Tell your device to trust the computer if it asks
5) Switch over to the device view
6) Browse to your music on the device
7) Delete it
Getting music off isn't as easy as putting it on but the swipe gesture now goes back in menus on which you can get a new interface of iPhone Data Eraser.

Hello, I have the same problem to delete songs from iPhone.

After upgrade by default it looks like I have some songs on the song list in my iPhone that say they are downloadable.

so I went into music and turned the option off "show all music" most of them went away, except for a couple.

I would like to get rid of them, but they aren't deletable.

I can swipe to delete for most songs except for those ones.... the delete option won't show up for them so I don't know how to get rid of them! haven't tried using a computer with itunes yet.

Know more about <no promoting commercial products please>

I've found a guide about "how to delete multiple songs from iPhone".

MOD EDIT: The tutorial shows how to delete songs in the default Music application but not the Spotify app. This guide has no correlation or affilation to Spotify's product.

Suggested posts