Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to download album not on Spotify to iPhone from local files?

Solved!

How to download album not on Spotify to iPhone from local files?

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

I recently bought In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson through iTunes, which isn't available on Spotify. Through local files, I can play the songs on my computer, however I want to also be able to play it on my iPhone. I've made a playlist with all of the songs in it and attempted to download it via my computer, but next to the "download" switch, all it says is "Waiting..." and when I try to play any of the songs on my phone it says "Song Not Downloaded: If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer." Is there a way for me to be able to download the songs onto my iPhone or did I just waste $12?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @rpkelley, thanks for writing!

If you have a PC, please check Windows firewall or if you have a anti-virus suite running that includeds a firewall, make sure to allow spotify.exe through. Under Windows Firewall there are two spotify.exe apps listed, one is checked for public networks and one for private networks. Put a check mark next to them both and click OK at the bottom.

Your local files should start syncing now.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @rpkelley, thanks for writing!

If you have a PC, please check Windows firewall or if you have a anti-virus suite running that includeds a firewall, make sure to allow spotify.exe through. Under Windows Firewall there are two spotify.exe apps listed, one is checked for public networks and one for private networks. Put a check mark next to them both and click OK at the bottom.

Your local files should start syncing now.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you so much! You explained how to do it perfectly.

You're welcome, @rpkelley!

Let me know if you need further help.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts