Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to have matching favourite songs on Spotify phone and Spotify laptop???

How to have matching favourite songs on Spotify phone and Spotify laptop???

Plan

Free

Country

Aus

Device

iPhone (Most recent iOS - 12.2)

My Question or Issue

I’ve restarted, uninstalled, unfavourited and favourited songs on my phone as an attempt to put it in my favourites but I only have 93 favourited songs on my phone. That is a huge difference compared to what I have on my laptop which is around 1000. I’m a bit mad because it never was like this until this one update. It’s been a whole year or even longer since it messed up my phone account but I waited hoping that the new updates would fix it. There has been questions about this but no one answered other than “restart, uninstall” it DOESNT work. Idk what to do but it’s so disappointing not being able to listen to the songs you want to hear (even if it’s in shuffle) on the phone but now I can’t even put any favourited songs on my phone unless I physically like from my phone so it appears on my phone AND laptop. I can’t do the other way around. Please help. I just want to be able to listen on Spotify through my phone again

1 Reply

Hey @Yyaaaaaaa.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since we rolled out the new version of Your Library, we've changed the way that music is saved in Spotify, specifically on mobile.

The reason you're seeing fewer songs in your Liked Songs folder on mobile vs the Songs tab on desktop is that every album that you've saved in its entirety will now only appear under Albums, and thus the individual songs in that album will no longer appear in Songs.

This model has not rolled out to desktop, which is why you are seeing the discrepancy between platforms.

To learn more about these changes, just head over here.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions about this.

Suggested posts