Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to make Spotify continue playing in Honda odyssey

How to make Spotify continue playing in Honda odyssey

Hey guys, first post here! I've been using premium Spotify for a few years and it's been amazing. In my last car, I had a pioneer head unit that I had my iPod touch connected to via USB/iPod integration. When I would play Spotify, then turn the car off, the next time I got in, the head unit automatically picked up Spotify right where it left off. I recently got a 2015 Honda Odyssey (with iPod integration) and when I use Spotify, if I turn the car off, change source, or even get a phone call (if my phone is connected to Bluetooth), when I go back to my iPod, it plays from iTunes instead of Spotify. So then I have to pull my iPod out of the glove box and hit play on Spotify. I absolutely hate this! Is there anything that can be done to make it pick up in Spotify?? Is it a Spotify thing? iPod thing? Honda thing? Please help! 

3 Replies

Hey there!

Spotify Premium does rock! Totally agree there. I've never heard of this issue before, but I did a little digging around. Under the 2013 Honda Odyssey Model Information I found this:

The audio system only reads and plays sound files stored on the iPod with iTunes. The system cannot operate an iPod as a mass storage device. Use only compatible iPods with the latest software. 

When I looked up the info for the 2015 model, there was no new information regarding connecting an iPod or media device. So I would say, seems like this would apply for your model as well.

It seems like it's the car. I don't know what kind of phone you have, but your Odyssey should be able to handle playing Spotify via Bluetooth as an alternative. I know that's probably not the answer you wanted. Sorry! But I do hope this helps.

Well thats a bummer! Thank you very much for looking that up for me! I know the 13 and the 15s are the same generation and same audio system, so that should certainly apply to the 15 as well. The only down side to useing my phone for spotiy via bluetooth, is that I have to crank the volume in the van. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my phone (galaxy s8). I have to turn the volume up about 3/4 of the way just to listen at a normal volume. Then, if i switch source for one reason or another, my ear drums bleed! lol

Anyway, thanks a lot for your quick reply!

No worries! Glad to help!

If you ever need help with Spotify again, be sure to reach out!

Suggested posts