Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to play Spotify playlist at my party

Solved!

How to play Spotify playlist at my party

Hello

I have my party coming up and I am thinking of signing up to Spotify Premium to create and play a playlist.  I understand it allows you to store and play it ‘offline’.  Have I got this right?

I also need a device to store it on and play it through the speakers.  I don’t want to use my iphone, so can anyone please tell me what the cheapest alternative might be?  I do have an ancient clickwheel ipod but don’t know if Spotify allows storing offline music on that.

I’m not v technically minded, if anyone’s got any suggestions it’d be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there. 

You can use for example laptop connected to speakers to play your music. Spotify connect will allow you to control what to play by using your iphone. Also spotify works with ipod. Also you can buy wireless speaker, connect it to your smartphone and easily manage what to play. More info about "Spotify Connect" you can find here

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for your reply.  It turns out spotify does not infact work with the old clickwheel ipod ('classic') as per:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/iPod-faq/?in=search

I have bought a Hudl tablet which will suffice for my party.  It is going to be wired to the speakers.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there. 

You can use for example laptop connected to speakers to play your music. Spotify connect will allow you to control what to play by using your iphone. Also spotify works with ipod. Also you can buy wireless speaker, connect it to your smartphone and easily manage what to play. More info about "Spotify Connect" you can find here

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.
Marked as solution

Thank you for your reply.  It turns out spotify does not infact work with the old clickwheel ipod ('classic') as per:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/iPod-faq/?in=search

I have bought a Hudl tablet which will suffice for my party.  It is going to be wired to the speakers.

Cheers

Suggested posts