Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to: "Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or on this iPhone"

How to: "Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or on this iPhone"

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Devices

iPhone 6s Plus

Mac Pro

Operating Systems

iOS 12.1.4

Mac OS 10.14.2

My Question or Issue

Hi! This is my first post here, and I am having the same issue as another user who posted something similar from a couple of years ago (see attached screenshot and information below). Did the "download" option replace the "make available offline" option? I am REALLY trying to get my local files (Tool - Lateralus album) to play on my Spotify iPhone app. I have the files in a single playlist and downloaded, but for the life of me cannot get them tranferred. On my iPhone, when I choose the option to switch playback from Spotify on my Mac to my iPhone, a message appears that reads "song not downloaded: If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer." Then I click on learn more, and this information appears:

Sync song to this iPhone:

1. Connect this iPhone to the same Wifi as the computer

2. Launch Spotify on the computer where this song is stored

3. Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or on this iPhone

4. Watch as your song magically appears on your iPhone

I am meeting the first 2 requirements but do no quite understand no. 3

Please help! Thank you in advance for your responses! -Michael

“Hello,

I do not have the option of selecting in my iphone to make the playlist available offline. It's not there! There is just a Filter, the shuffle button and then a list of grey songs. Is this a confirmed bug or what's happening here? I can make other playlists available offline, but not this one.

I'm on the same wifi as my computer and the phone still shows which (offline) song is being played on my computer, so there is clearly a connection. Anyone have any ideas?”

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 12.42.26 AM.png
2 Replies

Yes, Download did replaced Make available offline, so try that

I have this problem too, a full four years later. It's still telling me to "3. Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or on this iPhone" but there is no option to do that.

Suggested posts