Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to recover music and photos on iPhone 5S

Solved!

How to recover music and photos on iPhone 5S

Hi,

My music cache and photos were gone when I updated my iPhone 5S to iOS 8.1.  It's almost a flash install and I lost everything on the iPhone. But i am more cared about the photos and music library both in my iPhone and Spotify. Any luck to got back those data? Thx

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As long as the phone is physically intact, you are eligible for an out of warranty replacement - you will get the exact same model/configuration you turn in, but it will have a new screen, battery, have been fully tested, and comes with a 90 day warranty. 

As far as getting data back, if it will power on, you can try and backup in iTunes.  But the only way will be to get it to power up, and then connect to your computer so you can back it up, or use third party app to recover data from iPhone 4/5/6 directly. Otherwise, you are left relying on your previous backups to restore to your replacement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes you should be able to restore it from there.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

As long as the phone is physically intact, you are eligible for an out of warranty replacement - you will get the exact same model/configuration you turn in, but it will have a new screen, battery, have been fully tested, and comes with a 90 day warranty. 

As far as getting data back, if it will power on, you can try and backup in iTunes.  But the only way will be to get it to power up, and then connect to your computer so you can back it up, or use third party app to recover data from iPhone 4/5/6 directly. Otherwise, you are left relying on your previous backups to restore to your replacement.

If you turned the iCloud on from your iPhone, then you got a very big chance to get them better via iCloud backup. However, it's much more faster to get data back from iTunes backup.

Suggested posts