How to remove tracks from saved album

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone 6, iPad Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

Recently, Spotify removed the tick icon and introduced the heart icon instead for all iOS versions. Since that version, it is not possible anymore to remove single tracks (e.g. those I do not like) from a saved album. How do I achieve that now??

There is still an option to save a certain track by using the “...“ symbol, but then again the whole album is saved. 

It is a total mess. I do not understand that concept at all. Impossible to use Spotify at the moment. Please help!! 😩

29 Replies

Doesn’t work for me

Unliking the Album takes the whole album out of your download.  We still need the old way of doing this brought back where you could take out the tracks you didn't want for whatever reason out of an Album download.

I have to say, that is really inconvenient. You are basically saying that if I want to listen to an album except for 1 or 2 songs, I would have to scroll through all of my liked songs, look for the album, make sure the songs were liked in order, and then listen to it from there? Spotify really has to fix this.

Exactly. This removes any reasonable way to listen to the original version of an album which is only available as a "deluxe edition", of which there are many. The bonus tracks are often much lower quality and don't fit the flow of the album, and it's very common to remove them. This update seems to completely remove any ability to do that, besides creating a playlist of the original album (which takes us back to 2012-era Spotify all over again), or navigating to the album in the liked songs playlist and listening to it there (where it will be followed immediately by another song from something unrelated). This is a pretty big regression in functionality. How can we escalate this particular use case to the people making product decisions?

Yeah, just tried the Liked Songs method. It does not preserve order of the songs from the album when searching by album name (which could be ambiguous and have many results anyway), so Liked Songs does not work as a solution to this issue.

That's not a step forward. That's 10 steps back.......

In regards to the Liked Songs playlist, what determines when Spotify automatically makes the "Liked From Radio," playlist? Just when you like a song that's in a Radio playlist I'm assuming? It seems kinda random. Is there a way to turn this feature off so I don't have to keep deleted said playlist? Or if you could just point me in the right direction to find that info, that'll suffice

suffice 

I really hate this "new" functionality.

Why would anyone think this is an improvement?

I think you better trash the intern or newly graduated developer that thought this was a genius idea because either they or the team that voted for this have zero clue about functionality.

Why would people want to go to a Liked Songs master playlist? Mine is over 500 songs.

Why would I not want to save an album and remove the 2 tracks from it that are annoying skits or random garbage like we could before?

What happens if you save the specific songs and open the artist from artists tab? Are the songs sorted in order under artist view?

Can’t say I disagree. Unfortunately there’s bigger issues that bother me more but still extremely annoying if I like a song I’ll add it to a playlist myself seems like that’s why there’s a feature to do that exact thing lol. Adding to playlist not being a main button is what I’d say an intern or dev should be demoted or not being allowed to make any decision ever again over. I mean yeah it’s not a difficult task to add songs but when your like me and are constantly trying to find and add new songs it starts to get annoying not having a quicker way to do it.

Suggested posts