How to remove tracks from saved album

Re: How to remove tracks from saved album

Zoltan_Mackay
Casual Listener
Doesn’t work for me

vr411
Visitor

Unliking the Album takes the whole album out of your download.  We still need the old way of doing this brought back where you could take out the tracks you didn't want for whatever reason out of an Album download.

davenerican

I have to say, that is really inconvenient. You are basically saying that if I want to listen to an album except for 1 or 2 songs, I would have to scroll through all of my liked songs, look for the album, make sure the songs were liked in order, and then listen to it from there? Spotify really has to fix this.

Gleesus
Casual Listener

Exactly. This removes any reasonable way to listen to the original version of an album which is only available as a "deluxe edition", of which there are many. The bonus tracks are often much lower quality and don't fit the flow of the album, and it's very common to remove them. This update seems to completely remove any ability to do that, besides creating a playlist of the original album (which takes us back to 2012-era Spotify all over again), or navigating to the album in the liked songs playlist and listening to it there (where it will be followed immediately by another song from something unrelated). This is a pretty big regression in functionality. How can we escalate this particular use case to the people making product decisions?

Gleesus
Casual Listener

Yeah, just tried the Liked Songs method. It does not preserve order of the songs from the album when searching by album name (which could be ambiguous and have many results anyway), so Liked Songs does not work as a solution to this issue.

Grafzerk
Visitor

That's not a step forward. That's 10 steps back.......

SUGGESTED POSTS