Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove unwanted podcast from top of home screen

How to remove unwanted podcast from top of home screen

iPhone 8 Plus iOS 14.6 US

I played a podcast reciting a cult-y homeschool's pledge of allegiance to show my friend how creepy it is. For the last three months I can't get rid of the suggestion to continue listening to this podcast. I tried marking the episode as played, then days later marking as unplayed. I tried subscribing & unsubscribing. I tried listening to lots of other podcasts and subscribing to many other shows to replace the suggestion. Nothing I've done will get rid of this recommendation. It's the first thing I see when I open the app, right under Good Afternoon.

Please either give me a strategy to trick the app to replace this recommendation, or in the next update give me to option to remove podcast recommendations, mark as uninterested, or block podcast episodes. Anything to make it go away would be appreciated.

8 Replies

Hey @fghfghfghf, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There isn’t a way to customize the app to remove recommendations or anything on the home screen. If this is something you’d like to see change, you can always check out this Idea and add your +VOTE and comments - and I’ll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If this is something you’d really want to be removed from your home screen, the last (but not ideal) solution is to create a new account here and transfer your content from the other account to the new one following these steps.

I hope you’ll find this useful!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Add me to the list of customers who want to arrange the Home Screen. Podcasts are taking up too much space.  This is ruining my positive experience. The UI gets consistently worse each update. 

This is **bleep** 21st century, these things should be fully customizable by user. This is my Spotify, I pay for the premium monthly and each day I have to see stuff displayed on my home screen THAT I DO NOT WANT TO SEE.

And btw I'm not "newbie", I've been using this app for yonks. p.s. and why do I have to prove I'm not robot and solve a puzzle while being logged in ? This is ridiculous. The Spotify IT team are obviously overpaid.

Still no sight of adding this function? Just the abillity to delete a podcast or playlist would be an huge improvement. U click one, and u get it on your homescreen forever. There's some page where u can vote for these functions?

I have the same battle with a podcast I listened to for 3 minutes tops. It is so annoying to have it pop up there, but the podcasts I usually listen to don’t. Please, Spotify, let us customize our home screen, this sucks

Please give us the ability to hide/dislike podcasts. My homepage is being haunted by several podcasts that I’ve only listened to a couple minutes of. It makes it really hard to find the things I WANT to listen to when it keeps recommending me things I’ve already decided I DONT want to listen to

WORSE than it being on the home screen...this stupid podcast I listened to for 4 minutes AUTO PLAYS when something I'm listening to finishes. I hate it. We can hide artists, we can hide songs, we should absolutely be able to hide a podcast!

Suggested posts