Free

Country

USA

Device

iPad Air 2015, will soon be replaced with a newer one

Operating System

iPadOS

My Question or Issue

There is this one ad that annoys me every ad break when I’m listening to music. Usually, I am fine with ads, but this ad plays some very loud and annoying heavy rock music to advertise a playlist. I also thought I heard a curse word in the ad as well. Every time I try to dislike the ad, it never goes away, and such has been happening this whole week, I am beyond annoyed by this. Please help.

8 Replies

By the way, the ad was advertising this Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1ZF8nLIV8mtVv3UzyjfX1W?si=7o1Ey687QjGijXAbGMBSTA

The ad had stopped for a while, until just recently today where it popped up again. Why can’t they just stop advertising content that doesn’t interest me?

More information since no one has responded yet: I have found the ad song by Shazam. The song that plays in the ad for the playlist where I heard the curse word is titled “CMFT Must Be Stopped” by Corey Taylor. Checking the lyrics, I can find the part I heard in the ad, and guess what, they do in fact say the f word. Spotify is showing ads... with cursing. Is that even legal? While I do listen to explicit music, I would not like to hear ads with explicit words or loud music, especially because I usually try to use Spotify to unwind, and an ad like this one just comes off as extremely annoying, and I still try to dislike it every time it comes up. Helpppp.

Hey there @JOPPING127,

Glad to have you on the Community!

We’re sorry to hear this and appreciate you flagging it with us. We’ll make sure to pass on your comments along to our Ads team.

Could you please also provide the following details, so we have all the required information at hand:

• Rough time/date your heard the advert
  • Platform the issue occurred on (eg. Mobile, PlayStation, Desktop, etc) 
  • Operating System (iOS/Android or PC/Mac)
  • Version number of your Spotify app 

You might also want to consider adding your +VOTE to this idea to show your support.

Thanks - We look forward to your reply 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Could you please also provide the following details, so we have all the required information at hand:

all throughout last week.

it has occured on mobile, as well as web players

my iPadOS is rather old and i will be getting a new ipad soon, and my mac is the current version of Catalina.

Unknown

Hey there @JOPPING127,

Thank you for your reply and for the information you provided.

You can find out which version of the app you have in this article.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

the version of spotify i have on the older ipad i use is version 8.5.85.836 and the version i use on my mac is the web player.

Hi @JOPPING127,

Thanks for the info.

We've passed this on to the ads team and they'll look into it 🙂

Thanks for your cooperation.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I realise that this ad is not explicit, but I do try to avoid the topic of **bleep** in my media choices and if it is at all possible, I would like to stop receiving ads from Gilead Sciences. I hope that this is the best place to submit this request. Following the pattern from above:

• Oct 13, 5:30 PM
    • Mobile
    • iOS 16.6.1

Suggested posts