Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to see offline songs from Today's Hit List playlist if they're not saved

How to see offline songs from Today's Hit List playlist if they're not saved

Hi,

So i'm just wondering, i'm currently following lots of playlists made by Spotify. And among them there are Discover Weekly and Today's Top Hits which I'm listening to everyday. Then i just realized, usually on iOS app i only tap the "Available Offline" button to make those songs available for offline listening. The thing is, the songs are changing EVERYDAY and no, I don't always save them.

What will happen when Spotify updates the playlist the next day? The playlist songs available offline are NOT accessible from Songs or Albums or Artist page (i tried looking but to no avail or is it just my eyes?), so will they stay in my phone forever or do they get deleted whenever Spotify "refreshed" and added new songs to the playlist?

Hope anyone can provide an answer. Thanks a lot!

2 Replies

Hey @squinter

Many thanks for your first post in the Spotify Community 🙂

These playlists will update from time to time, keeping them all up-to-date with fresh tracks for you to find. When tracks are removed from a playlist that is enabled for offline listening, a small piece of Cache data will remain on the device. This helps with future streaming of the track. To use the track in offline mode, you will need to re-add it to a new playlist. It should then become available for Offline listening right away.

To remove any cache data, a clean reinstall would be the way to go. This will mean you'll need to resync any offline playlists but this will remove any excess cache data.

I hope this explains things a little further! Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Not pretty to go leaving orphans behind.
So considering what you said, If I subscribe to a playlist that changes often I'll have to reinstall the app from time to time (and sync again the rest of the lists) just to recover wasted space 😮

Suggested posts