How to shuffle ALL music for an artist?

Plan

Premium

Country

Japan

Device

iPhone 7

My Question or Issue

Hi everyone. Thanks for watching my question.

I would like to listen all music for an artist, such as Norah Jones by shuffle on my iPhone's app.

However always almost the same music are played... it's so boring.

[My Step] 

1) Find "Norah Jones" as an artist.

2) Click the green circle button to start.

* My play mode is "shuffle".

She has released so many albums.

I can listen them if I choose manually.

But when I do [My Step], many of them doesn't appear on the playlist.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Won2020,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

At this moment, a "Shuffle All" option isn't in the featured tools of the app.

What you can do in case you wish to shuffle all of the artist's tracks, search for the artist desired and under the "Songs" section click on "See All" and you'll be able to play the first song and then use the shuffle option.

In addition, there's an live idea asking to have the option of viewing a full listed discography of artists which can solve the shuffle all by an artist matter.

Make sure to add your +VOTE here and subscribe to get updated in case of any changes.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Won2020,

thanks for reaching out to the Spotify community !

At this moment, a "Shuffle All" option isn't in the featured tools of the app.

What you can do in case you wish to shuffle all of the artist's tracks, search for the artist desired and under the "Songs" section click on "See All" and you'll be able to play the first song and then use the shuffle option.

In addition, there's an live idea asking to have the option of viewing a full listed discography of artists which can solve the shuffle all by an artist matter.

Make sure to add your +VOTE here and subscribe to get updated in case of any changes.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

nope, that doesnt work....because searching for a band name and then looking at the songs shows you a list of songs with that search term in the song title, so you get a list of songs with the band's name in it, not only a list of songs by that band....(e.g. search for "Rush"....not just songs by the band Rush, but any song with "rush" in the name)

the real solution here is for Spotify to make this a feature in all forms of the software....Windows, Android, etc.  Its not difficult and its something that should have been there from the start, its a pretty obvious feature to include.

Ironically I just moved from Pandora to Spotify...Spotify has a larger collection  of songs, but I believe Pandora allows you to shuffle between all songs by one Artist.

Suggested posts