Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to view a playlist's created date and updated date on Spotify for iOS?

How to view a playlist's created date and updated date on Spotify for iOS?

Plan

Premium

Country

Texas, United States

Device

iPhone 6s Plus

Operating System

(iOS 13.3.1)

Spotify iOS Application Version

My Question or Issue

How can I view a particular playlist's created date or updated date when using Spotify on an iOS device?

Top Answer
jbarkerhill
Gig Goer

As a workaround, the playlist dates are still available on the desktop app. 

So that at least is better than nothing. I like to look at dates of playlists I made to remember when I made them and associate them with periods of my life. 

24 Replies

Hey there @robo042

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

A feature allowing you to see when a playlist was created or updated is currently not available. However, we really appreciate you’re taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

This is an awful loss. I have a number of playlists I follow and like to see when they are updated with new songs. Knowing the date when a playlist has been updated is crucial to discovering new songs. Please bring this feature back. Why was it removed in the first place?

Why was this previously existing feature deprecated?

The feature to see the date that a playlist was created / updated has existed on the mobile app for years and apparently the developers took it away in a recent update. This is an essential feature, and should be brought back. Of course "other users might also like it". 

That's like taking away the odometer in a car, and then telling people "If you want the odometer feature back, please request that update in future car models". It's an essential feature, not a nice-to-have, or anything new. 

Update for solution:

Delete app and reinstall and the dates on playlists come back. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. Hopefully the dates will stick around 

Nevermind... dates disappeared again. Spotify should fix this. Really annoying

Lately it appears as Spotify is doing its best to find useful and essential features that users need and then remove it without any reason other than irritating their users.. it's time to cancel my subscription

What a silly idea to remove this feature.

But it’s not a request for a new feature. It’san inquiry into why an obviously useful and simple feature that has existed for years has been removed.

BRING THIS BACK 

As a workaround, the playlist dates are still available on the desktop app. 

So that at least is better than nothing. I like to look at dates of playlists I made to remember when I made them and associate them with periods of my life. 

Is this still the case? I can see on my playlists when individual songs were added but not when the playlist itself was updated. Really missing this feature as I like to play lots of 'discovery' playlists that are only relevant if new music is added.

So annoying that they removed this. Now you never know when a playlist has recently been updated or not -> I listen to less new music. This only benefits Spotify..

The person who decided to take this away, can’t be a music fan....

This is not true. This feature was existing and has been removed without any explanation. Bring it back @Spotify!! 

They should bring this feature back 😞

This is a feature that was removed for no reason a few years ago (probably because a graphic designer thought it clutters the user interface, there's no other reason that can justify this)....

There used to be a really nice small grey ball with a number after every updated playlist saying how many new songs a playlist had since your last listen (with 99 as maximum). 

Deleting really useful features like this and not even making them optional is annoying af and utter lunacy.

Also no point in posting it in the ideas section, did it already years ago, waste of time, they're not listening.

Looks like a feature was added: a scroll icon on playlists that lists month created as you scroll. That's an improvement. Still would be better to list exact date that each playlist was created, but the added feature is better than nothing. 

Hi I don’t see that. Will you mind sharing the steps thanks

Scroll up and down a bit on a playlist. A grey circle with two arrows appears on the right side. Tap the circle and it shows Month created info as you scroll through the playlists 

Suggested posts