Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I NOW UNDERSTAND THE UPDATE, LET ME HELP YOU.

I NOW UNDERSTAND THE UPDATE, LET ME HELP YOU.

So i just figured out the whole spotify update thing and why it happened.

It is a game! You now have to play the memory game and remember every artist name you like and every album and song name! 

Dont want to play??? Too bad, we here at Spotify dont care about you or your opinion, in fact we like to hear you cry. Just like that Southpark episode with the cable company, we want you to need and hate us at the same time.

So just to recap what the new update did;

1-memory game, you have to remember everything now. No more just scrolling for what you want.

2- we took away the scrolling feature becuase you dont like music for reals unless you remember the artist name, album, song, genre, birthdays, and blood type.

3- we took away alphanumberic sorting becuase reason #1

4- we just dont like you and its way more fun making a forum for you to complain to yourselves to. Then we just come by here once a week for a laugh.

8 Replies

Those jokes sort of brighten up my mood after this infuriating update. I've written a string of tweets to their support explaining why it's terrible. Fixing my library will be just as big an effort now as switching to a different music player. Having to follow every artist I ever saved, I'm out of words to describe the stupidity. Really.

Is this some graduation project of a **bleep**ed 5 year old intern? This would have never gotten through if they had people who love to listen to music to beta test their updates before they got rolled out for everyone. I'm out of words to describe the stupidity. I'll give them a little bit of time to fix this, but later, if I am less busy as well, I'll make the effort to switch to something else with sensible developers.

There were not really ideas online that I could upvote to get this fixes so I created one. Maybe it helps to +1 it

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Fix-or-roll-back-so-we-don-t-have-to-follow-every-...

This is an awesome post!  Great job.

What’s awful: how much of it is true.  My wife and I were literally just talking about this - every day it seems we discover more stuff we can’t do.

It’s literally a historical, epically terrible update. 

I just dont understand why you would make an app worse and then tell everyone its better because they took stuff away. 

I litterly think it was done to p-i-s-s people off. Some people are assholes, even those that once gave us a good product can just be d-!-k bags i guess.

I have a solution:

1. add each song saved to a playlist labeled "songs" allowing you to listen to all of your songs in one place

or

2. add each song saved to a playlist named after the album the song belongs to.

But don't forget to "like" every artist who put out that one song you enjoyed listening to... as well as "saving" every album containing that one song you might have enjoyed listening to... then go ahead and create your "all songs" and/or "songs by album" playlist. 

Simple... straight forward... thank you.

@Mean_Der this is an awesome reply. It sounds like it would be a farce,
your procedure. But that’s actually what you have to do.

I was driving around today, and I have a new VW Atlas with CarPlay (which I
really like), and selected Spotify then an Artist under recently played.
Spotify then started playing a bunch of music from this artist that I have
not saved/favorited. I killed Spotify and opened my Music app on my
iPhone. Hey, it’s 2015 again!

there are tons of "work arounds"... shouldnt have to.

You can make a playlist for every album you saving just the songs you like and yada yada yada... shouldnt have to. 2017 and earlier spotify was run by adults, now its just dumbasses.

You are fooling yourself if you think Spotify does not understand that this feature effectively made the app useless for some users.  There must have been a strong push for them to make a change like this from recording industry/artists.   It seems to be about forcing users to "follow" artists to be able to get new content pushed.   Maybe there is some finanacial incentive that will offset the number of users that will drop their service.  But believe me they understood exactly what they were taking away.  And we as consumers have to move to a service that has the features we need.  This isn't complicated stuff, just follow the $$$

Suggested posts