Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can not rearrange songs on my playlist

I can not rearrange songs on my playlist

hi, I’m new to the board. I’m on the free version account. I’m discovering I can not rearrange songs on a playlist. This version, I go up to filter, choose “custom order” but when I try to drag a song, it won’t drag most times and even when I can drag it, it’ll go back to its original spot. 
another thing, on a playlist can it give a length of time how long the playlist is? That would be helpful too.

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi @DNR70

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Currently it's not possible for Free users to rearrange playlists on mobile. 

However, you can easily do that on desktop app, even without Premium subscription. You can drag songs with the left mouse button to rearrange them. 

Then you just need to pick Custom order and the playlists on your mobile should be arranged the same as on your desktop. 

If you want to read more on how you can sort and filter your music, check this Support article

If it comes to the length of a playlists, it's also available for Premium users. 

You're always welcome to post your ideas for improving Spotify!

Please check the Idea Exchange to see if this idea is already there. If so, be sure to add your +VOTE there. 

If you can't find it, please make a new idea post so it can gather votes.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Suggested posts